Orioles interested in Curtis Granderson? (Heating up with Brach as a target)

Tony-OH

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/3/2016 at 10:55 AM, Aristotelian said:

I would counter with Brach. 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

Sounding like Brach for Granderson .

Works for me. Far prefer Granderson on a 1 year to 4/$70 for Trumbo. Hate to lose Brach but he was not great in the second half and something about his body language irritates me. A true OF, giving us flexibility to have Kim DH as a backup plan when Mancini struggles. Good deal for both teams. I say yes, get this one done.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Why would we trade Brach for 1 year of granderson

Brach is a free agent in 2019. Two seasons of a non-closer seems like a pretty good trade for one year of a full time position player. Granderson is a 2.5-3.5 WAR guy while Brach is a 1.5-2.5 WAR guy. Plus we can replace Brach much easier than we can fill OF, as we have shown in '15 and 16.

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Why would we trade Brach for 1 year of granderson

You wouldn't. This just stuff fedby the NY press.

Like we fed the "multiple offers" to Trumbo so when he leaves the Orioles aren't blamed.

I would say it's embarrassing like politics, but we all know that is much worse now.

Dog & pony show.

3 minutes ago, canonfaz said:

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it happens. I love Brach, and he dominates when he's on, but he goes through stretches where he loses it. I'm all for trading from the bullpen to improve the lineup (and the defense). 

The point is you can get SO much more than Grandy. If Grandy was one piece OR they took one of the expensive piles of crap that we call a SP staff (Ubaldo, Miley, Gallardo), fine. But can do so much better.

5 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

The point is you can get SO much more than Grandy. If Grandy was one piece OR they took one of the expensive piles of crap that we call a SP staff (Ubaldo, Miley, Gallardo), fine. But can do so much better.

Think you are overrating his value a bit. If he would have continued on that dominant first half then maybe so. I do think he's worth more than Granderson alone, but not drastically. His 2nd half is definitely a bit worrisome. Good RP, but still.

8 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I think we need to unload one of the 3 stooges and then see what we can get. Ubaldo will probably be the easiest to unload due to how good he was in the 2nd half. 

12 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Think you are overrating his value a bit. If he would have continued on that dominant first half then maybe so. I do think he's worth more than Granderson alone, but not drastically. His 2nd half is definitely a bit worrisome. Good RP, but still.

8 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

I think we need to unload one of the 3 stooges and then see what we can get. Ubaldo will probably be the easiest to unload due to how good he was in the 2nd half. 

I have no faith DD can upgrade the staff. When he tries, he makes it worse or trades a future HOFer to get one.

Agree to disagree on Brach. I think his value is strong, not Chapman strong of course, but he has a lot of value, even more since he can be controlled for 2 years.

Just now, Number5 said:

Brach estimated salary thru arbitration is $2.9 million.  Granderson at $15 million.  I've got to think that the Mets would have to include cash considerations to make this happen.

Then that deal doesn't make sense for the Mets, because they want to get out of the 15 million owed to Granderson

Archived