Orioles told Bautista's reps...Orioles fans don't like him

Dark Helmet

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It was the culmination of many years of whining about third strike calls despite the fact that he got 90% of the close calls.   He destroyed property, endangered teammates and acted like an ass. I always thought he was a whiny, self-entitled bitch, but that incident cemented it. 

The worst part of it, for me, was that his team was winning when it happened.  OK, you are down one and strand a guy in scoring position, I can see where you might get angry.  But when you are winnings?  I don't get it.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, crawjo said:

So every time a player gets angry and starts throwing or smashing things it means they are suffering from "roid rage"? Was Machado suffering from roid rage when he had his run-in with Josh Donaldson and the A's?

It causes suspicion for sure.  And yeah maybe Machado was.  He is buds with A-Rod after all.

Sorry, but the benefit of the doubt is gone.  Not that I think steroid abuse was nearly as big a deal as some made it out to be, before the CBA testing.

1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

It causes suspicion for sure.  And yeah maybe Machado was.  He is buds with A-Rod after all.

Sorry, but the benefit of the doubt is gone.  Not that I think steroid abuse was nearly as big a deal as some made it out to be, before the CBA testing.

Ortiz tested positive for banned substances. And admitted it happening more than once. 

19 minutes ago, crawjo said:

Maybe, but what you've just said is that even if he produced his 2015 season (a 5 WAR season) you would not pay $17 million plus a first round pick for it. That's what I wanted to know. 

I'm not weams - but I tolerated Albert Belle, and I can probably tolerate Bautista if I know he's going to put up a 5-win season, even at that cost.  i still don't know though.  Might be able to squeeze 5 wins out of a RF + DH for $17 mil without a lost first round pick.

Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

I'm not weams - but I tolerated Albert Belle, and I can probably tolerate Bautista if I know he's going to put up a 5-win season, even at that cost.  i still don't know though.  Might be able to squeeze 5 wins out of a RF + DH for $17 mil without a lost first round pick.

He has no arm. There is no possibility. He'll get that torn labrum fixed on his next longer term contract holder. So he can hold his grandchildren in retirement. 

1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

We're talking about that moment with the phone, if he was roid raging.

Maybe the fact that he got away with that type of behavior allowed him the freedom to emulate his 'roid rages in that moment. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

He has no arm. There is no possibility. He'll get that torn labrum fixed on his next longer term contract holder. So he can hold his grandchildren in retirement. 

Well yeah - which means if he puts up a 5-win season he pretty much needs a Triple Crown.  Which I highly suspect won't happen.

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It was the culmination of many years of whining about third strike calls despite the fact that he got 90% of the close calls.   He destroyed property, endangered teammates and acted like an ass. I always thought he was a whiny, self-entitled bitch, but that incident cemented it. 

You and me. 

23 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I did not enjoy having Belle on the team.  

1 hour ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Losing one's temper now causes suspicion of steroid use? Do you realize how ridiculous that is? 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

"Endangered teammates." It's just too much. 

Archived