Orioles told Bautista's reps...Orioles fans don't like him

Dark Helmet

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

And yet the organization (Buck) had no trouble embracing a player that took a 50 game PED suspension, making himself unavailable for a playoff run, even rewarding him with a way over market contract

I guess if you hurt your team by being addicted to stimulants you're a victim and deserve support and 161 million dollars. If you go to work everyday, piss off your opponents by being a jerk but provide a lot of value to your team than you're not wanted by the O's

a6VPl.gif

39 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

And yet the organization (Buck) had no trouble embracing a player that took a 50 game PED suspension, making himself unavailable for a playoff run, even rewarding him with a way over market contract

I guess if you hurt your team by being addicted to stimulants you're a victim and deserve support and 161 million dollars. If you go to work everyday, piss off your opponents by being a jerk but provide a lot of value to your team than you're not wanted by the O's

First off...it was a 25-game suspension. Secondly...accusing someone that has a TUE and is in all likelihood suffering from ADD of being "addicted to stimulants" with zero evidence to support the claim is irresponsible. 

That being said, Davis certainly deserved plenty of criticism for what he did, and if you want to hold it against him, I can't say that I blame you. 

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

You don't think he 'roided? And No. He's not wanted in Baltimore. 

11 minutes ago, Larry18 said:

The idea of telling Bautista agent that you'd love to hire him except he's a total tool gets funnier the more I think about it.

It's not like he passed up 150 million from Toronto to be the FA tool. Either. 

13 minutes ago, weams said:

It's not like he passed up 150 million from Toronto to be the FA tool. Either. 

To be fair, I believe it was his camp that wanted $150M, not that he was offered that and turned it down.

Though it is likely he'll be $50M short because he didn't extend.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived