Kruk Bashes O's

markakis4pres

People who bash the O's for firing yet another manager must not be watching O's games. Yeah, we've been through a bunch of managers now and some of them maybe didn't deserve their fate, but let's be honest here: Sam wasn't one of them.

Yeah, our bullpen has sucked. Part of the reason it has sucked is because Sam didn't use them effectively. He'd pull starters too early or too late. He'd bring in the absolute worst possible person to face an opposing batter. He gave Baez plenty of opportunities in crucial 8th inning spots long after the guy proved he was ineffective. He's reluctant to use Williamson. He's reluctant to let a relief pitcher throw more than one inning (remember that 12 inning affair against the Tigers when we went through something like five relievers, none of whom pitched more than an inning? Remember how Sam said after the game "I never thought it would get that far" when asked why he was so careless with his relievers? That's the answer of someone who doesn't deserve to manage a baseball team).

Flat out, Sam is not a good manager. I'm sure if we were keeping track we could pick out anywhere from 5-10 games that we lost soley because of a highly questionable move by Sam Perlozzo. Even if we managed to acquire the best talent available via trades and free agency and realistically had the talent to compete next year, Sam would have held us back. So Kruk can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned. Maybe this isn't the best franchise in the game right now (to say the least) but don't use the firing of Sam Perlozzo to justify your point. Getting rid of Sam was one of the few good moves we've made recently.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More of Kruk bashing the firiing of Sammy.

"Not that I would ever get offered a managorial job, but I would never take this job. blah blah blah, the Orioles are an aboslute mess"

I don't remember what he siad in the middle there but Id bet the laptop Im typing on it was something about the new menu options at Wendy's.

This is from SportCenter.

Just saw it...Kruk is 100% right in his assessment.

Perlozzo is worse than these guys want to say but still, Kruk is right.

Yes I don't see how people are really arguing with what he's saying. Lets just pray that today's actions indicate the FO is finally understanding what we have understood the past few years.

I really can't disagree with you there, but they are vastly underestimating the step the Orioles made today.

Now im not yet sure that this is a step in the right direction but this is something pretty big from an Organization that has pretty much stayed away from anything even remotely shocking.

Just as always, the national media jumps on the bashwagon when it rolls by.

However, its the other important news that is coming out in pieces (e.g. McPhail as COO and possibly the day-to-day boss over Angelos) that is too detailed to get their attention while being cause for optimism in the local news. Just because they have so much to worry about (while getting in a couple good memorable lines so people will keep watching) doesn't make their points more important, or other news less important.

Let Kruk and Phillips say what they will; if they were worth paying any real attention to, they wouldn't be stuck in the purgatory of an ESPN studio show.

However, its the other important news that is coming out in pieces (e.g. McPhail as COO and possibly the day-to-day boss over Angelos) that is too detailed to get their attention while being cause for optimism in the local news. Just because they have so much to worry about (while getting in a couple good memorable lines so people will keep watching) doesn't make their points more important, or other news less important.

Let Kruk and Phillips say what they will; if they were worth paying any real attention to, they wouldn't be stuck in the purgatory of an ESPN studio show.

Come on... this detail is way above their pay-grade for them to comprehend. Buster Olney gets, it.

Want to explain why this is O's bashing?

The Phillies have played pretty poorly lately, they are talking about Trading Rowand, do you see segways on ESPN "Why trading Rowand won't save a terrible ball club"?

Now I know this comparison is absolutely horrid, the Phillies have been heads and shoulders above the O's in the last few years, but the Mets basically handed Philly 2nd place over the last month and they ran away from it.

They love to bash us, especially when we're down.

Im really not upset, but I do consider it bashing.

As SG pointed out and many here have glossed over. Kruk, Perlozzo and Mazzone are very, very good friends.

I played golf with Kruk shortly after Mazzone was hired and he told me that Perlozzo and Mazzone were trying to hire him as a bench coach, but he didn't like the travel schedule and declined.

Anything Kruk has to say must be taken with a grain of salt. He's just sticking up for his buddy.

He is right, but not for the right reasons. Kruk is just being pissy because he and Sammy are good friends, and since his good friend got canned, he is lashing out at the orgainzation.

No question, we have all sorts of issues, and our team is a mess, but firing Perlozzo was the right move. ESPN can talk all the sh!t about us they want to, but in the long run, Perlozzo wasn't fit to be a big league manager. How many of our games do you think Kruk sat and watched this year? I'm guessing zero, and is solely basing his opinion on his being freinds with Sammy.

Exactly. If there is anybody who is irrelevant it is Kruk. As you mention, both Kruk and Phillips are missing the bigger picture, or perhaps they want us to remain whiiping boys for their AL East favorites (Yanks and Sox) for ever.

Archived