Kruk Bashes O's

markakis4pres

As SG pointed out and many here have glossed over. Kruk, Perlozzo and Mazzone are very, very good friends.

I played golf with Kruk shortly after Mazzone was hired and he told me that Perlozzo and Mazzone were trying to hire him as a bench coach, but he didn't like the travel schedule and declined.

Anything Kruk has to say must be taken with a grain of salt. He's just sticking up for his buddy.

Wow, thats certainly some interesting information. I feel like Kruk would be a hell of a guy to play a round of golf with, have a couple cold ones at the 19th hole, or sit at the stands with a watch a ball game, but he isn't the guy I'm going to for expert baseball analysis.

How'd you come about playing a round with Krukkie?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact Phillips disliked the firing of Perlozzo makes me supremely confident that it's a great move.

Phillips is a flaming idiot and has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Kruk had a few good points in spirit - they are correct when they point out that the awful bullpen did the Orioles in -but what both of these guys fail to realize is that Perlozzo's severe mismanagement of the bullpen led to a great deal of their ineffectiveness. They're also right that the players need to be held more accountable, but Perlozzo was also a big problem that needed to be remedied.

The Phillies have played pretty poorly lately, they are talking about Trading Rowand, do you see segways on ESPN "Why trading Rowand won't save a terrible ball club"?

Now I know this comparison is absolutely horrid, the Phillies have been heads and shoulders above the O's in the last few years, but the Mets basically handed Philly 2nd place over the last month and they ran away from it.

They love to bash us, especially when we're down.

Im really not upset, but I do consider it bashing.

I still fail to see how its bashing.

Your Rowand comparison is pretty horrid, you're right about that.

Kruk didn't say anything that was wrong, he merely expressed his opinion which he gets paid to do. I guess if you don't agree with it, you may consider it bashing..but since I agree with him, I don't consider it to be.

I don't think the media goes out of its way to bash this team, they just point out to a national audience what is wrong.

And whenever theres a manager firing anywhere, its a big story on sportscenter and it gets analyzed.

We sit around on this board and ***** and whine about things all day yet when someone from the national media does it automatically becomes "bashing" and we talk about how they "hate" us.

Newsflash: We're not on the national radar. If we were on the national radar it'd be because we'd be a winning club.

No one cares about the Orioles.

And I am worried about what a guy (Kruk) has to say. When I played softball his team showed up in truckers shorts and white T-Shirts with numbers in magic marker. And Phiillps, didnt he get in trouble in Fla when he was GM of the Mets, something about naked in public, real worried what he has to say.

Easy to be a expert when you dont really have to do a job.

when it comes to the Orioles. Most national tv guys quite frankly don't pay attention to teams who suck. But when they comment on these situations without do any homework it makes them look well.....stupid. I don't know why anyone gets upset at these guys, you know what they are going to say before they say it. Who cares! The only thing they are right about is the O's are an absolut mess, but we've known that for a decade.

Kruk is making a fool of himself, trying to defend his buddy's name, when everyone else knows that Perlozzo's name needs no defending. He is a well-liked guy even by the very people firing him. Had kruk listened to what Flanny said, he'd realize that nobody is assigning blame on his friend, nor are they impuning his managerial ability. It's about results, and they haven't been there.

ESPN needs to keep their pig on a leash.

Except for the hundreds of people online here daily, and the thousands that go to the games, and the people that work at the stadium and at the harbor, and the players, and the managers. :rolleyes:

That's about 50,000 people out of how many baseball fans in the country?

Nationally, nobody cares about the Orioles. They have no reason to.

That's about 50,000 people out of how many baseball fans in the country?

Nationally, nobody cares about the Orioles. They have no reason to.

Nationally, nobody cares about anyone but a few big market teams. What's the point of that statement?

Nationally, nobody cares about anyone but a few big market teams. What's the point of that statement?

People care about alot of teams, and alot of "big name players." Nationally nobody cares about the Orioles.

Baltimore, while not New York or LA, we are a fairly big market, but nobody nationally is going to care until the Orioles until they win, and win alot. We don't have a Ken Griffey or a Derek Jeter or anything to draw the national fan, and we don't make up with that absence with any big star.

Fans who have been interested in baseball for more than a decade might pay some attention to the Orioles, but the vast majority won't and don't.

People care about alot of teams, and alot of "big name players." Nationally nobody cares about the Orioles.

Baltimore, while not New York or LA, we are a fairly big market, but nobody nationally is going to care until the Orioles until they win, and win alot. We don't have a Ken Griffey or a Derek Jeter or anything to draw the national fan, and we don't make up with that absence with any big star.

Fans who have been interested in baseball for more than a decade might pay some attention to the Orioles, but the vast majority won't and don't.

Don't think so. If what you were saying were true, then ESPN wouldn't be a continual NY/Boston lovefest. The vast majority of baseball fans don't care about what's happening with the Orioles, but they don't care about what's happening with the Blue Jays, Cardinals, Nationals, Devil Rays, White Sox, Mariners, Rangers, Giants, Twins, etc., either.

Also, isn't Tejada a big star?

Don't think so. If what you were saying were true, then ESPN wouldn't be a continual NY/Boston lovefest. The vast majority of baseball fans don't care about what's happening with the Orioles, but they don't care about what's happening with the Blue Jays, Cardinals, Nationals, Devil Rays, White Sox, Mariners, Rangers, Giants, Twins, etc., either.

Also, isn't Tejada a big star?

Thats exactly what I said, they care about the Marlins the week before the Marlins win the pennant, but the season after they could care less. Insert any other team and its the same story.

No matter how the Yankees play they are topic number one on ESPN, wether they are losing or they are winning.

And no Tejada is not a big star, he was maybe two years ago, but he isn't now.

I don't even think Sammy Sosa is a big star anymore, but maybe Im wrong.

Wow, thats certainly some interesting information. I feel like Kruk would be a hell of a guy to play a round of golf with, have a couple cold ones at the 19th hole, or sit at the stands with a watch a ball game, but he isn't the guy I'm going to for expert baseball analysis.

How'd you come about playing a round with Krukkie?

All three of them are from the same general area.........Sam/Leo from Cumberland and Kruk just across the river in WV. They probably golf together at Rocky Gap and then go for cheesesteaks at D'Atri's.

1. Who really cares what ESPN says? They are not the place to go to if you want insightful analysis regarding whatever teams you follow. Anyone on this site should know this.

2. The Orioles are irrelevant. I'm not sure why anyone would argue otherwise. Sure, Boston and NY get the most national press, and everyone else gets much less. But it goes beyond that. How many rival teams care about what they have to do to beat the Orioles and plan their offseason strategy accordingly? How many times have we heard that other teams don't want to deal with the Orioles because of their dysfunctional chain of command? How many players don't want to come play for the Orioles, either as a FA or via trade? Look at declining attendance figures over the past decade. Would anyone really be surprised if Girardi declined an offer to manage the O's due to his reservations about the organization?

3. I think most of us can agree that Perlozzo was part of the problem but he was not THE problem. Other changes need to be made and there is no quick fix. Let's hope that we are willing to make those changes.

Archived