Jake Arrieta

jeffstonefan

I was waiting to see how long it would take before the meltdown. Wieters is alright, so don't worry too much.

Back to Arrieta, he leads the ENTIRE minor leagues in batting average against. Coming into tonight, the average was .140. Now, the magic number rests at .137. Sickening if you're an opposing batter.

I'm writing a column later this summer to correlate with the 20th anniversary of the Keys, and I am going to do a column on the 20 best starters, relivers and hitters. Trying to stick primarily away from the current roster, Arrieta's doing his darnedest to etch a spot on the list.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand what the O's are doing at this point. Why on earth would they be left in A in longer? And keeping them there to mid-June would be absurd.

Does Bowie not have a good catching instructor or something? Can they not fine anyone suitable to work with Wieters at Bowie?

I'm all for being patient, but this is ridiculous.

I was waiting to see how long it would take before the meltdown. Wieters is alright, so don't worry too much.

Back to Arrieta, he leads the ENTIRE minor leagues in batting average against. Coming into tonight, the average was .140. Now, the magic number rests at .137. Sickening if you're an opposing batter.

I'm writing a column later this summer to correlate with the 20th anniversary of the Keys, and I am going to do a column on the 20 best starters, relivers and hitters. Trying to stick primarily away from the current roster, Arrieta's doing his darnedest to etch a spot on the list.

Can you shed any light on the TT situation? Will he be back anytime soon? Kind of strange the way things have gone down.

Can you shed any light on the TT situation? Will he be back anytime soon? Kind of strange the way things have gone down.

I can't shed much light on the situation, other than he is expected to rejoin the team at some point this season. It was a strange night the night things went down, but the Orioles are being very hush-hush on the personal situation surrounding him.

I can't shed much light on the situation, other than he is expected to rejoin the team at some point this season. It was a strange night the night things went down, but the Orioles are being very hush-hush on the personal situation surrounding him.

If you guys want to have a private conversation and keep little secrets why don't you PM each other?:rolleyes:

If you guys want to have a private conversation and keep little secrets why don't you PM each other?:rolleyes:

That's exactly what we are doing. Tommy Thompson has not been with Frederick since I believe Friday. JJ Cannon is managing right now. I've heard a couple different things, possibly family issues, or that Tommy had some kind of a breakdown and needed to get away, I'm not really sure. It's good to hear he's expected to be back though.

That's exactly what we are doing. Tommy Thompson has not been with Frederick since I believe Friday. JJ Cannon is managing right now. I've heard a couple different things, possibly family issues, or that Tommy had some kind of a breakdown and needed to get away, I'm not really sure. It's good to hear he's expected to be back though.
Cannon managed the team Friday as Keys manager Tommy Thompson missed his second game of the season.

"He was under the weather. We found out earlier today, and we went on about our ways," Cannon said.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/sports/display.htm?StoryID=75152

Cannon is managing the Keys in place of Tommy Thompson, who has taken an indefinite leave of absence for personal reasons, according to Orioles director of player development Dave Stockstill.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/sports/display.htm?StoryID=75168

That's a shame. From the accounts I've read, Thompson seems like a first class manager and a good guy. I hope he's able to get past these issues, whatever they are, and return to the team.

Thanks. Sorry to hear about Thompson, hope he's okay.

I certainly hope everything is okay with Tommy Thompson (who is the experienced catching coordinator that FRobby referred to above), but if he is not going to be with the Keys for a while, that removes one of the only rationales for keeping Wieters in Frederick.

I was curious as to what Arrieta had done in his starts that he didn't win. He hasn't lost yet. But some of his best starts he didn't get the win.

Date OPP W L ERA SV IP H ER BB SO

Apr 04 LYN 0 0 2.25 0 4.0 2 1 1 9

Apr 09 @KIN 0 0 13.50 0 2.2 4 4 4 2

Apr 14 SAL 1 0 0.00 0 5.2 2 0 3 7

Apr 19 @WSW 0 0 1.23 0 7.1 2 1 4 8

Apr 25 POT 1 0 3.00 0 6.0 4 2 5 6

Apr 30 @WIL 0 0 0.00 0 7.0 2 0 3 8

May 05 KIN 0 0 0.00 0 6.0 1 0 2 5

May 10 @LYN 1 0 3.00 0 6.0 5 2 0 8

May 15 @SAL 1 0 0.00 0 7.0 2 0 3 6

May 21 WSW 1 0 0.00 0 8.0 3 0 2 5

Totals 5 0 1.51 0 59.2 27 10 27 64

I'm looking at April 19th, 30th and May 5th. He was smoking the competition.

Archived