Jake Arrieta

jeffstonefan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weiters was taken out for a defensive replacement in the 7th. anyone know why? he didnt get hurt did he?

No, they do this a lot, probably just to keep him fresh throughout the year.

Also Arrieta's now through 8 innings. No runs allowed yet again.

8 IP

3H

2BB

No, they do this a lot, probably just to keep him fresh throughout the year.

Also Arrieta's now through 8 innings. No runs allowed yet again.

8 IP

3H

2BB

That was his final line. Great to see him finish 8 innings tonight, that's a first for him.

His ERA is now 1.53. In 59.2 IP he has allowed 27 hits -- 4.07 H/9. That's insane.

In his last five starts, it's even more ridiculous. He allowed 0 ER in four of those games, and 2 ER in the other. His ERA over those five is 0.53 and he's allowing 3.44 H/9.

I'm sorry, but this really is pointless. He needs to be promoted to be challenged.

That was his final line. Great to see him finish 8 innings tonight, that's a first for him.

His ERA is now 1.53. In 59.2 IP he has allowed 27 hits -- 4.07 H/9. That's insane.

In his last five starts, it's even more ridiculous. He allowed 0 ER in four of those games, and 2 ER in the other. His ERA over those five is 0.53 and he's allowing 3.44 H/9.

I'm sorry, but this really is pointless. He needs to be promoted to be challenged.

And Wieters now has an OPS over 1050...Neither of them should be there...What exactly are they learning?

Arrieta was amazing, all while enduring a two-hour delay and trying to control his command (a little wild early on, but harnessed it down the stretch). The guy is sickening.

Wieters jammed his thumb on a play in the middle of the game. I talked to him afterwards and he said he'll get some treatment on it tomorrow. It does look a little swollen, and that was the reason he was taken out of the game. If he can play, he'll probably catch Bascom, but I would expect him to DH with Pierce or JJ behind the plate.

And Wieters now has an OPS over 1050...Neither of them should be there...What exactly are they learning?

I'm a little less impatient about Wieters. He's working with a very experienced catching instructor at Frederick and that's just as important as his offense. And as good as his numbers are, nothing is quite as ridiculous as Arrieta's 4.07 H/9 (and dropping).

That said, certainly both could be moved at any time and still expect to succeed immediately at the next level up.

Wieters jammed his thumb on a play in the middle of the game. I talked to him afterwards and he said he'll get some treatment on it tomorrow. It does look a little swollen, and that was the reason he was taken out of the game. If he can play, he'll probably catch Bascom, but I would expect him to DH with Pierce or JJ behind the plate.

:vader::vader::vader:

I'm a little less impatient about Wieters. He's working with a very experienced catching instructor at Frederick and that's just as important as his offense. And as good as his numbers are, nothing is quite as ridiculous as Arrieta's 4.07 H/9 (and dropping).

That said, certainly both could be moved at any time and still expect to succeed immediately at the next level up.

Really? Almost as many BBs as K's...348 BA...1050 OPS...That is pretty ridiculous and remember, the Carolina league is supposed to be a pitcher's league.

Archived