Baseball America: Orioles "Willing to Offer $10M" for Cionel Perez

Aristotelian

Anyone see this article about the Astros signing Cionel Perez for only $2M after failing a physical? I was surprised to see a passing reference in his letter stating that the Orioles would have offered $10M if he had been eligible for a major league contract. (He neglected to mention that he probably would have failed the Orioles' physical as well). Still I am curious to know what kind of conversations he has with the Orioles and how he comes up with the $10M. That is a lot of money and not something I had seen reported in the Orioles press. Is there any chance they will spend that kind of money on someone else? The international system is kind of a mysterious black box to me. Can anyone shed light? 

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/cionel-perez-voices-frustration-signing-astros/#Ldsww878hZGwdUmo.97

15 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Anyone see this article about the Astros signing Cionel Perez for only $2M after failing a physical? I was surprised to see a passing reference in his letter stating that the Orioles would have offered $10M if he had been eligible for a major league contract. (He neglected to mention that he probably would have failed the Orioles' physical as well). Still I am curious to know what kind of conversations he has with the Orioles and how he comes up with the $10M. That is a lot of money and not something I had seen reported in the Orioles press. Is there any chance they will spend that kind of money on someone else? The international system is kind of a mysterious black box to me. Can anyone shed light? 

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/cionel-perez-voices-frustration-signing-astros/#Ldsww878hZGwdUmo.97

First I've heard of any of this. Interesting nonetheless.

Archived