Frobby

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

How much is an RBI worth?

Just one.

RBI's are a worthless stat, remember?  :P

More seriously, Joseph had a horrible year but arb awards aren't based solely on the previous year's performance.    I'd be happy anywhere in the $800k - $1 mm range.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

RBI's are a worthless stat, remember?  :P

More seriously, Joseph had a horrible year but arb awards aren't based solely on the previous year's performance.    I'd be happy anywhere in the $800k - $1 mm range.   

You know darn well that was a shot not a piece of analysis.

I think it is beneficial to the team to occasionally take a role player to the mat in an arbitration case.

And a backup catcher that put up a -1 rWAR last year seems like a good target.

1 minute ago, dan-O said:

Yeah, for sure.

When you say the strategy worked, what do you mean exactly?   I think the total we've spent on the 6 who have signed is almost exactly what MLBTR predicted.    So it's not like the players caved in under pressure (maybe Tillman did, a little).

BTW, Roch says Schoop got $3.475 mm.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

When you say the strategy worked, what do you mean exactly?   I think the total we've spent on the 6 who have signed is almost exactly what MLBTR predicted.    So it's not like the players caved in under pressure (maybe Tillman did, a little).

BTW, Roch says Schoop got $3.475 mm.

That they signed in an expeditious manner.

Of course I still think Manny should have tried for more both last year and this year.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That they signed in an expeditious manner.

Of course I still think Manny should have tried for more both last year and this year.

It's interesting that Manny has been pretty passive in arbitration.   I don't know whether to draw some conclusion about that.    I wish negotiating a long-term deal with him would be that easy.   

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I remember how long it took to reach an agreement with Gausman when he signed.  I could see him going to arbitration. 

To me it wouldn't be worth it in year one, the stakes are not worth the possible bad will that could result.

There ain't no good blood. There ain't no bad blood.

There's only you and me.

And we just disagree. 

Archived