What would it take to sign Jason Hammel?

BamaOsFan

11 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

It's hard to believe he can't get a deal with so may teams needing SP. 

I'm sure he has plenty of 1 year options, everything I've read is that he's having issues landing multi year offers because teams aren't sure of the health of his arm after the Cubs basically shut him down last year.

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

If Hammel can come cheap Id pick him up as a spot starter when someone misses a turn.Im hoping that Miley and Ubaldo are serviceable in 2017. If they can pitch like they did late in 2016 we'd have a pretty decent rotation. Hammel would give us some insurance.

So you're going to start Ubaldo and Miley and sit the better pitcher in the bullpen to waste away?

21 hours ago, ba9oriole said:

Sign Jason Hammel for two-years $18 million and trade Ubaldo Jimenez for a PTBNL.

This is a solid rotation.

1. Chris Tillman

2. Kevin Gausman

3. Jason Hammel

4. Dylan Bundy

5. Wade Miley

I've been critical of Hammel and pitching in the NL but I'd much rather rely on him than Ubaldo. We need a team out of contention to take on Ubaldo for a prospect. That's gonna be hard, but we did trade Gallrado somehow. 

17 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I've been critical of Hammel and pitching in the NL but I'd much rather rely on him than Ubaldo. We need a team out of contention to take on Ubaldo for a prospect. That's gonna be hard, but we did trade Gallrado somehow. 

Dipoto gets the twitches if he goes more than five days without making a trade.

If they don't sign Hammell, I hope they sign one more SP; there are still a few interesting names out there.  I think we need the depth.  With the likes of Wilson and Wright as a contingency plan, my tummy doesn't feel right.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived