Joey Rickard, you have one job until the beginning of the regular season...

FanSince88

I've been saying it all spring, but he's lost the ability to hit line drives. I don't like his swing and think he could benefit from a bit of an overhaul. I would hope the organization would at least try tinkering with him before just letting him fade into oblivion. He's young and talented. See if you can fix him.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, interloper said:

I've been saying it all spring, but he's lost the ability to hit line drives. I don't like his swing and think he could benefit from a bit of an overhaul. I would hope the organization would at least try tinkering with him before just letting him fade into oblivion. He's young and talented. See if you can fix him.

Was he ever a good line drive hitter?  He had that one year in the minors where he hit .321, buoyed by hitting .360 for a month.  But besides that his minor league average was like .265.

7 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Was he ever a good line drive hitter?  He had that one year in the minors where he hit .321, buoyed by hitting .360 for a month.  But besides that his minor league average was like .265.

I thought he was whipping them all over his rookie season.

Looking at the numbers, he was 21% in 2016 (although, I think he started hot and trailed off), then was 26% last season.  21% is the MLB average.

Archived