Fangraphs poll: O's fans pessimistic?

Frobby

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Ellsbury is going to force Frazier to spend the whole year at AAA.  They'll find at bats for him.

I don't doubt Frazier will play.  But with Ellsbury, Gardner, and Holliday, they can't give many ABs to all of Judge, Hicks, and Frazier.  They may get a taker for Gardner,but it looks like it's going to be tough to move Ellsbury over the next four years.

i also don't think Frazier can put this team on his back in 2017.  I'll take under 84.5 wins for them this season.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

I don't doubt Frazier will play.  But with Ellsbury, Gardner, and Holliday, they can't give many ABs to all of Judge, Hicks, and Frazier.  They may get a taker for Gardner,but it looks like it's going to be tough to move Ellsbury over the next four years.

i also don't think Frazier can put this team on his back in 2017.  I'll take under 84.5 wins for them this season.

I don't expect Frazier to be a dominant player next year.  My point was more that while the Yankees overachieved last year they have a deep farm system with some guys that will be factors as early as next season.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't expect Frazier to be a dominant player next year.  My point was more that while the Yankees overachieved last year they have a deep farm system with some guys that will be factors as early as next season.

Sure.  I don't think anyone really disagrees with that.  The question is whether or not they'll win more games in 2017.  I'd bet against it.

Archived