National Signing Day

Munson

2 hours ago, Munson said:

This came out of nowhere.

Cordarrian Richardson, 4 Star RB commits to MD.

Reading that Richardson will have to go to Prep School for a year to get his grades up.

He's also going to play LB when he gets on campus.  He's 240 pounds.  

Would be nice to have him as a big bruising running back but we have a huge need at LB.

18th best draft class according to 247sports.

http://maryland.247sports.com/ContentGallery/The-nations-top-25-recruiting-classes-for-2017-50966586/9

2017 Maryland Commits

The Terps lost Cordarrian Richardson already.  He's going to UCF.  He probably wasn't going to be able to qualify academically at UMD. 

I'm surprised at the lack of interest in this thread.  The Terps just secured their best ever recruiting class and a top 20 class in the whole country.  I guess a lot of people have given up on Maryland football. :noidea:

6 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

The Terps lost Cordarrian Richardson already.  He's going to UCF.  He probably wasn't going to be able to qualify academically at UMD. 

I'm surprised at the lack of interest in this thread.  The Terps just secured their best ever recruiting class and a top 20 class in the whole country.  I guess a lot of people have given up on Maryland football. :noidea:

When did they start tracking them?  I'd be surprised if that is true from a historical prospective.

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

When did they start tracking them?  I'd be surprised if that is true from a historical prospective.

Around 2000.  It's the highest rated class since they started ranking them. 

I'm sure they had some good classes in the 50s when they were winning National Championships.  And weren't they ranked #1 in the country back in the 80s once?  I'm sure that team had some highly sought after recruits. 

• 5 months later...
On 2/7/2017 at 6:37 AM, birdwatcher55 said:

We've taken some serious poundings since joining the Big Ten. I think there is still a lot of skepticism with this program. I've taken a "show me" attitude with this program. I want to see some on-field results before I ratchet up my emotional interest.

This.

I think one problem is the current makeup of the Big Ten.  Maryland had the 18th ranked class with an 86something average.  That's not bad.  But it's still not in the ballpark of the three blue bloods of the Big Ten, which are all in the Big Ten East. 
The Big Ten separated the conference by region, which put all the big money powers in the same division as Maryland.  So MD is celebrating what is maybe it's best class ever, but schools like Ohio State and Michigan would be looking to fire people if they ended up with that recruiting class. 
It's a lot like what Kentucky is faced with currently.  They are having their best recruiting classes ever under Stoops, and it's still not even close to making them competitive as a program with the SEC blue bloods.
If the Big Ten realigned the league, MD's recruiting would offer a more "glass half full" outlook for the future.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how they got the Gaddy boys in, Marylands class would be rated more highly if services thought the brothers would qualify. Great class. A 45 mile radius around DC has the best talent in the country. The school needs to do much more to get fans out for spring games & sell out games like MSU at home. Keeping McFarland home was big. DeMatha boys are trying to bring MD back. LoLo should have been a 4 star, they've really recruited well at RB & Oline, but they need some DL. I thought Gray was an elite DT prospect but he's an NFL player on either side of the ball. They need McLean to deliver on some of his hype.

Archived