Tillman is Back

backwardsk

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stevie Janowski said:

I swear if it turns out his rotator cuff or labrum is torn and the training staff looks inept/unprofessional again....

Many players want to go this PRP injection route/rest/rehab first and many of them then find it doesn't work out as well as they hoped. 

The current schedule, subject to change, calls for Tillman to begin participating in pitchers fielding practice (PFPs) on March 3, throw a simulated game on March 14 and start his first exhibition game on March 17.

“This is as fast as we feel comfortable going,” said manager Buck Showalter, noting that the injection has put Tillman three weeks behind.

“We have high hopes we can get this resolved and he will pitch all year for us.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/02/tillman-may-start-season-on-disabled-list.html

12 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

This is terrible news on a day where Cards might be losing their ace as well. Any and all pitching just got more expensive. I wonder if Mancini or Sisco could be dangled?

Probably not Sisco but Mancini might get something at least passable?

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'm really surprised that today is the first time we've heard this.

yeah, not clear from this thread when did he have/will have injection

when did the feel like something was wrong

Why wasn't this treated months ago

I'm sure there are reason just seems crazy that this would happen on first day of ST

20 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

This is terrible news on a day where Cards might be losing their ace as well. Any and all pitching just got more expensive. I wonder if Mancini or Sisco could be dangled?

The Carinals are not loosing their ACE they are losing a young pitcher but they have about 6 others.  He was only in competition for the 5th spot with Wacca and they have Weaver almost ready.

Archived