O's reassign Pena and Perez, but keep Sisco in camp

Frobby

Kind of interesting.    I doubt it means Sisco would be called up before Pena if an injury occurred in the first few months of the season. More likely, they just want to get a longer look at Sisco and give him a few more reps working with/batting against big league pitchers.    

I think it means that they want Sisco getting familiar with the pitchers on the ML team in case he has to come up this season for whatever reason there will not be that unknown factor.  I think if Sisco gets called up this year it will be for an extended time period and not a minor stop gap like Pena would be.  Either that or they are thinking long and hard about Sisco versus Joseph.  Although Joseph has been good offensively this spring, he has not been great defensively.  

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

A group of posters wanted him shifted to left field after a bad day throwing out baserunners.

Was for more than that.

I'm curious about their plan. 3 catchers at Norfolk, when they really want Sisco to get the majority of the reps? There is also the open 40 spot.

Random question. I watch a good amount of Norfolk games on my milb.com app. However, what is the knock on Perez? I know he has had some passed balls (not sure about throwing out rate, ill look it up), but just curious. He seems decent at first glance.

Sisco smacked a 3-run homer off a tailing fastball just off the outside corner of the plate.    It hit about halfway up the LF foul pole. Very pretty swing on a pretty decent pitch (though belt high),   I think he's got more power than his MiL stats might suggest.   

50 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Sisco smacked a 3-run homer off a tailing fastball just off the outside corner of the plate.    It hit about halfway up the LF foul pole. Very pretty swing on a pretty decent pitch (though belt high),   I think he's got more power than his MiL stats might suggest.   

His swing reminds me of Kim's

18 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He has some power but it seems he has an opposite field stroke.  Let's hope he "pulls" a Boggs or Mattingly, two guys who showed very little power in the minors and early in their ML careers but learned to turn on certain pitches.

He reminds me a lot of Henry Urrutia in that regard. I don't think they're similar hitters at all, but Urrutia always seem to drive the ball to left as well. Hopefulll Chance fares somewhat better with this approach!

Archived