How many games will the Orioles win in 2017?

Frobby

How many games will the O's win in 2017?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. The O's will win:

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Even though I voted between 89-92 wins, I'm going to go a little higher in my official "In Lights" prediction.

Last year I predicted 89-73, and they finished ........ 89-73.

OOo...lllllloollllllllllllllllllll 94 - 68

OOlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloo WORLD SERIES

))lllllllllllllllllllllllll New York Mets OOOll.. - 4 Games

))lllllllllllllllllllllllll Baltimore Orioles ))llll.o - 3 Games

Oll))llllllllllollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllOOOoo OR

))llllllllllllllllllllllllll St. Louis Cardinals O)l - 4 Games

))llllllllllllllllllllllllll Baltimore Orioles OlO) - 3 Games

o

If we lost another World Series to the Mets, I'd consider that season an utter failure.   Losing to the Cards, I could live with.  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chose 85-88, primarily because I like to be optimistic at the beginning of the season.  The starting pitching scares the bejebus out of me.  Having a healthy Gausman and Bundy for an entire season would be a great development, but after that any significant injuries to the starting staff could potentially doom this team to mediocrity.  With Tillman and Miley hurting, and Jimenez struggling in the pre-season, I'm concerned.  Repeat performances from hitters, a healthy JJ Hardy, and consistent production from Seth Smith should provide consistent offense.  Outfield defense is also a bit of a concern.  Ultimately, if we can stay healthy, I think we will compete all season.

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

If we lost another World Series to the Mets, I'd consider that season an utter failure.   Losing to the Cards, I could live with.  

I could live with St. LOUIS but we better not lose another WS or SB to any NY team in my lifetime or I'll have to move to Tibet and become a monk lol and need to be on or near water for sanity

I think we win around 85 games. 

The offense should be a little better.  More depth and Seth Smith plus a full year of Kim should improve the OBP.  I'm expecting Castillo to be about 50 OPS points better than Wieters. 

The pitching has the potential to be much worse.  Or better if Gausman and Bundy progress and Tillman comes back healthy.  

Like between 2012 and 2013 there is some likely regression from the bullpen and winning one run games. 

Realistically we could win anywhere between 75 and 95 games depending on how things break.

45 minutes ago, joeyc said:

84 tops, you guys saying 90 plus are crazy. This rotation is horrible

But it might be similarly horrible to last year's. There's a chance it might even be less horrible. And they won 89. 

I'll go ahead and put this as my official on the record all-or-nothing prediction that in the end risks nothing on my end:

The Orioles win 87 games, finish 2nd in the AL East, get the 2nd Wild Card again, go on the road to play the 2nd place team in the AL West (one of Seattle, Houston or Texas), win that game and lose the ALDS against the Cleveland Indians.

book-it-button.jpg

12 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

Offensively, with the additions of Schwarber and a full season of Contreras, I think that more than offsets losing Dexter Fowler.Though Almora had a great spring. Pitching, I know it's just spring training, but I am not real thrilled with what I've seen from lackey,Anderson and Montgomery and even Arrieta as he's looking exactly like the guy who was mediocre in the 2nd half of last year. Rondon is looking just awful out of the pen and Wade Davis hasn't looking great either, but I'll give him some time since he's coming off arm issues. Long story short, they'll still be very good, but they wont put up a record like last year. 93-97 is my guess, coming off a season of 103.

Problem for the O's is that they don't have the pieces to add pitching mid season if that's what they need. The Cubs do.

3 hours ago, weams said:

I think analytics are seriously underrated by a pretty large amount of sports fans. And many players. Maybe most players.

But yeah, they're probably overrated by some of the stat subscribers. And some writers.

In the front office side of baseball? I don't know enough about what goes on there. I'm sure they're always looking for the next new edge. 

Archived