Dear Rain Gods: Please rain tonight's game out.

Diehard_O's_Fan

What's with the panic?

Orioles are playing some of the best baseball they've played in a long time. I say play as many as you can and enjoy it. Nats bullpen can only go up from here, no scherzer or strasburg. Play it.

Looks like the rain is clearing up.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

We don't want a rainout. Heard on the radio that there are two days where the Orioles and Gnats both have off. For the Orioles it would mean playing 21 days in a row.... not good

They have to play the game on May 15. The only other common off-day is June 8. Problem is that June 8 is the only off-day the Nationals have over a 29 day stretch.  You can't ask the Nats to play 29 days in a row. The O's will have to come back to DC in the middle of their road trip against KC and Detroit. Let's just hope they can get this game in.

1 minute ago, TINSTAAPP said:

They have to play the game on May 15. The only other common off-day is June 8. Problem is that June 8 is the only off-day the Nationals have over a 29 day stretch.  You can't ask the Nats to play 29 days in a row. The O's will have to come back to DC in the middle of their road trip against KC and Detroit. Let's just hope they can get this game in.

I don't think the Orioles would interrupt the road trip to come back east for one day.

What about the Thursday of the All Star Break?   I remember when teams used to play on that Thursday.

16 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

June 8. The Nationals got majorly screwed. Oh well.

Screwed? We are the ones that got screwed. We had our best pitcher going against a scrub they had scheduled who has a career 4.86 ERA. 

Can someone tell me who is in charge of deciding on the rainout? Is the home team or MLB? I think they 100% hosed us.

We 100% wanted to play this game. I'm thinking some funny business is going on. There is only a 15% chance of rain. It's a JOKE this game was rained out.

PS. The only reason the bullpen is taxed is because we have too many outfielders. Rickard needs to go down (Or Kim needs to be cut but I love Kim).

1 minute ago, Rojo13 said:

Screwed? We are the ones that got screwed. We had our best pitcher going against a scrub they had scheduled who has a career 4.86 ERA. 

Can someone tell me who is in charge of deciding on the rainout? Is the home team or MLB? I think they 100% hosed us.

We 100% wanted to play this game. I'm thinking some funny business is going on. There is only a 15% chance of rain. It's a JOKE this game was rained out.

PS. The only reason the bullpen is taxed is because we have too many outfielders. Rickard needs to go down (Or Kim needs to be cut but I love Kim).

The home team usually decides, it stopped raining around 7:05. The nats have cancelled games when there is simply rain in the forecast and it ended up not raining at all.

Archived