vs. NATIONALS, 6/08

OFFNY

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team has their head so far up their rear ends it is disgusting.  They often play with ZERO intensity.  The "never too high, never too low" just plod along, day to day philosophy of Showalter and his personality style really just is highlighted against teams that are actually of championship caliber.  Nats are.  We are not. 

26 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

How many times do our pitching match-up heavily favors us going in and we blow it and make their struggling starter look like Cy Young??

o

While I am modestly encouraged by what I have seen in Asher's very brief Major League career so far, I wouldn't say that today's pitching match-up "heavily favored" the Orioles.

Ross had 2 pretty good seasons in 2015 and 2016, and has been awful so far this seasonAsher started 4 game this year, and 16 games in his entire MLB career entering tonight's game ...... so it isn't exactly David vs. Goliath.

o

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

This team has their head so far up their rear ends it is disgusting.  They often play with ZERO intensity.  The "never too high, never too low" just plod along, day to day philosophy of Showalter and his personality style really just is highlighted against teams that are actually of championship caliber.  Nats are.  We are not. 

Yep, if the Nats win tonight they'll manage to go a mighty 2-2 against us this year, the best they have managed in 6 years.  They clearly must have some mental edge.

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

While I am modestly encouraged by what I have seen in Asher's very brief Major League career so far, I wouldn't say that today's pitching match-up "heavily favored" the Orioles.

Ross had 2 pretty good seasons in 2015 and 2016, and has been awful so far this seasonAsher started 4 game this year, and 16 games in his entire MLB career entering tonight's game ...... so it isn't exactly David vs. Goliath.

o

My thoughts exactly. Except, I was just going to say... "well, not tonight."

9 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Our strikeout rich lineup is often baffled by guys they haven't seen before and has no patience to figure new guys out. 

It's going to be a long night for our guys. And fans. I can't believe the pitching is this bad. Oh well. 

Archived