Would Anyone Take Trumbo

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has a 99 wRC+ and is below replacement level. He's also on the hook for ~30M. You're not getting anything of value for Trumbo and you probably have to kick in money just to be rid of him. No one wanted to pay him this much when he was available for just money. He's lowered his value since.

2 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

He has a 99 wRC+ and is below replacement level. He's also on the hook for ~30M. You're not getting anything of value for Trumbo and you probably have to kick in money just to be rid of him. No one wanted to pay him this much when he was available for just money.

This exactly. No one else wanted him at this price last year just for money and now that he's having what is basically a league average year at the plate I can't imagine that has helped the case. He's owed 26M over the next two years and another 4.5M in differed money. If you ate probably 8-10 million you'd probably get some takers and a relief prospect back.

Unless he really heats up over the two weeks I would look to trade him next year. At that point he will only have a year and change left on his contract and could potentially be in the midst of a much better year. 

Of course, Trumbo could get to around 20 home runs by the end of the month and start looking attractive to some teams. Hard to imagine a scenario though where we are getting anything decent back or not eating money.

Not sure what you can get for a DH with 2.5 years left on a contract that's having a poor season.....You won't get much in return as it most likely be a salary dump/creating space on the rooster.

Pretty sure Dan and Co. are going to ride this team to the end of days.

3 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I mean, he's a good hitter (not like last year, but still good) and can play 1B and OF in a pinch. Would any team out there be willing to take him on?

I imagine if some team is desperate they might.

3 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I mean, he's a good hitter (not like last year, but still good) and can play 1B and OF in a pinch. Would any team out there be willing to take him on?

Plenty of teams, especially AL teams, would happily take Trumbo. 

2 hours ago, Babypowder said:

He has a 99 wRC+ and is below replacement level. He's also on the hook for ~30M. You're not getting anything of value for Trumbo and you probably have to kick in money just to be rid of him. No one wanted to pay him this much when he was available for just money. He's lowered his value since.

Pretty much this.  If Trumbo was leading the league in home runs again he would be much more tradable.  

Other teams in MLB don't overvalue high strikeout, low OBP player like the Orioles do.   

Archived