Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Looks like the Cubs are the favorites to grab Britton.

Candelario, de la Cruz, and Clifton.

Where'd you see that at?

I really like those three but not sure if it has the headliner or not to get Britton. Robertson just got a guy like Rutherford headlining.

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

mlb.com

Ah, yeah thats from the tweet yesterday.

Not sure that really cements them as leaders but the Cubs definitely make sense. Wade Davis is good and all but he's a way better 8th inning guy. I just don't see the package you listing being enough, but I do really like Candalerio and De La Cruz. Clifton seems like he could be a decent back end arm. Most were saying prior to the season he looks like a future #3.

If by some miracle a Cub deal did get done, these would be the guys you would want outside of the more known Candelario,Zagunis types.

Jose Albertos(18)- in short season A ball but has electric stuff. Plus fastball, plus plus change up, has a ton of upside

Adbert Alzolay(22)-The 22 year old was not much a spec before this year but he has added velocity and it made all his pitches tick up a notch. Mid rotation type.

Isaac Parades(18)-SS spec in A ball, not likely going to stick at SS but will stay on the infield. Advanced approach like Gleyber, but shows more power. After a bad first month at A he has absolutely killed it.

Thomas Hatch(22)-RHP A+, his first handful of starts in A+ were disasters but since he's pitched extremely. Another guy with mid rotation upside.

Victor Caratini(23)-MLB active catcher who put up a .343/.384/.539 in AAA and threw out just under 30% of runners.

Charcer Burks(22)-A LFer who can play at least average CF has had a nice break out year in AA. He'll likely max out at 15-20HR but he's also quite fast and could steal 25.

There are more guys but these are the guys that will probably end the year in the Cub top 10

21 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

If by some miracle a Cub deal did get done, these would be the guys you would want outside of the more known Candelario,Zagunis types.

Jose Albertos(18)- in short season A ball but has electric stuff. Plus fastball, plus plus change up, has a ton of upside

Adbert Alzolay(22)-The 22 year old was not much a spec before this year but he has added velocity and it made all his pitches tick up a notch. Mid rotation type.

Isaac Parades(18)-SS spec in A ball, not likely going to stick at SS but will stay on the infield. Advanced approach like Gleyber, but shows more power. After a bad first month at A he has absolutely killed it.

Thomas Hatch(22)-RHP A+, his first handful of starts in A+ were disasters but since he's pitched extremely. Another guy with mid rotation upside.

Victor Caratini(23)-MLB active catcher who put up a .343/.384/.539 in AAA and threw out just under 30% of runners.

Charcer Burks(22)-A LFer who can play at least average CF has had a nice break out year in AA. He'll likely max out at 15-20HR but he's also quite fast and could steal 25.

There are more guys but these are the guys that will probably end the year in the Cub top 10

Good post.

I know about Parades and Albertos and like both a lot. Definitely should be guys that we seriously inquire on. Not the close to the majors guys you expect as centerpieces but they have some serious upside. You think a package with Candalerio, De La Cruz, Albertos, etc. is enough though? Just doesn't seem like it has quite the main piece we'd want in a Britton trade. I wish we could get Happ but with him being in the majors and his flexibility I see it as doubtful.

14 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Those guys don't sound that good. The Orioles need to get some high impact guys for Britton rather than a bunch of question marks. Zach Britton should get you a Kris Bryant type player. Yes, I know that the Cubs won't trade him.

I agree with the general sentiment. The starting point in any trade for Britton has to be a major prospect that's very close to being ready to go. It's why I honestly don't see the Cubs as a great fit. Maybe for Brach. Just don't think they've got the right horses for Britton.

2 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Those guys don't sound that good. The Orioles need to get some high impact guys for Britton rather than a bunch of question marks. Zach Britton should get you a Kris Bryant type player. Yes, I know that the Cubs won't trade him.

No, Britton isn't getting a high impact mlb piece that is proven. He is getting a package of prospects. Some of those guys he listed should be guys we're targeting. If we're rebuilding, we're building for the future and trying to improve our farm system so in a year/two years/three years down the road we are funneling in young players who have a chance to be the future of this franchise. Guys like Albertos and Parades have a chance to be that. The top prospects in the game were once 18 and not considered top 50 you know, so getting guys like that or Starling Heredia from LAD would be great gets...just not as a centerpiece.

20 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Good post.

I know about Parades and Albertos and like both a lot. Definitely should be guys that we seriously inquire on. Not the close to the majors guys you expect as centerpieces but they have some serious upside. You think a package with Candalerio, De La Cruz, Albertos, etc. is enough though? Just doesn't seem like it has quite the main piece we'd want in a Britton trade. I wish we could get Happ but with him being in the majors and his flexibility I see it as doubtful.

I agree. Dodgers are the best fit. They just have too many top guys. The Cubs fired their bullets. The Britton we saw tonight gets you Buehler and Verdugo. 

Just now, Cumberbundy said:

Britton should bring back more than what's rumored in that Cubs deal. He's the best RP in baseball. Good luck getting 3 ground balls to get through. Hold Dan..holldddd. Then again, we win tomorrow and Dan may buy. ?

The Cubs don't have the guns unless they're willing to part with a guy currently contributing on their MLB roster, like Ian Happ (as much as I like sluggers, Schwarber is a no-go. He has no position and looks lost right now).

You know how many guys the Cubs had in the Baseball American Top 100 Prospects midseason update?

Zero. Yes, zero. Two fewer, even, than the Orioles (Sisco, Hays).

Their cupboards are just too bare right now.

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree. Dodgers are the best fit. They just have too many top guys. The Cubs fired their bullets. The Britton we saw tonight gets you Buehler and Verdugo. 

The Dodgers are the ideal fit because they've got the talent and the cash. The Rays have some very attractive players, too, but would almost assuredly be reluctant to take on whatever Zach's going to make next year.

I don't mind some of the proposed Astros trades, either.

Archived