Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

16 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Top 30 prospect and a top 80 prospect is a great start and should be close to getting a deal with Britton done. I'd likely want a bit better 3rd prospect than that guy proposed, but I'm not sure how that deal isn't interesting to you. Alvarez and Calhoun would be a great get.

The other packages I didn't like much though. Jordan Sheffield I like but he's going to need a lot of work and likely destined for the pen. Verdugo is great but it's not enough with him.

That first package is pretty good though if we could get a bit more high upside guy then Rhame.

No they wouldn't ... Calhoun is another poor fielding bat that a team is likely to try to hide in the corner OF. The Orioles should have no interest unless he is a throw in

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, weams said:

O'Day is not tradeable. Think Randall K Myers after San Diego claimed him. 

I think O'Day is seriously underrated around here.    His ERA isn't great, but he's been throwing very well for the most part.   

1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

The article from the Dodgers site that was just posted I believe is what he's talking about. Shows three different potential packages they could see happening.

That's fair, I suppose. Though the Orioles would have no choice but to take a long, long look at an Alvarez/Calhoun/Rhame package. You're looking at a very, very high-ceiling SP prospect, a guy that can break into the lineup by next year and a guy that's projected to be a good back-end of the BP arm.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think O'Day is seriously underrated around here.    His ERA isn't great, but he's been throwing very well for the most part.   

He's shaved close to two runs off his ERA since the end of April.  He has playoff experience.  Teams will want him.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What type of no trade protection does he have?  Six teams?  Could easily complicate matters.

3 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Yes on Stewart.  I'd prefer Buehler to Alvarez, and if we're giving up both, I'd want him to headline.

I'd start with Buehler, Verdugo, Stewart, and Dustin May (19 yo, 6'6).

Sheffield and Sborz don't get me excited.

Houston has a good system too.

Are you trading both Brach and Britton here? 

Buehler is the 17th ranked prospect in baseball, him alone might get the Dodgers Britton. I think Stewart gets them Brach. I'd sign up for Buehler, Stewart and some lottery tickets for Brach/Britton in a heart beat. But I don't think you get Verdugo if they give up Buehler. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Lots of players pick likely suitors when they name their teams, to give them additional leverage.

Valid. Be hard to say how O'Day would do it. He's under contract for two more seasons, so presumably wherever he landed would be his new home. And he's got a young family. So he'd have some thinking to do.

7 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

It's not hard to see which prospects the Dodgers Digest folks like. Verdugo only in one package, and Buehler isn't listed as an option at all.

BA notes that Buehler will make the biggest jump in the mid season top 100. there's also video of Dodger Player Development Director Gabe Kapler praising Buehlers work ethic and working out together on Kapler's account. Combine that with the Dodgers reluctance to deal players they truly believe untouchable in Seager, Urias, and Bellinger for that "missing piece" in Cole Hamels or David Price I think it's safe to say they value Buehler the same and he won't go for Britton. Right or wrong it just is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Are you trading both Brach and Britton here? 

Buehler is the 17th ranked prospect in baseball, him alone might get the Dodgers Britton. I think Stewart gets them Brach. I'd sign up for Buehler, Stewart and some lottery tickets for Brach/Britton in a heart beat. But I don't think you get Verdugo if they give up Buehler. 

You undervalue Britton.

1 minute ago, Barnaby Graves said:

O'Day had a great run but is having durability issues and is becoming pretty pedestrian, with 2/18 left on his contract after this year.  I doubt we get more than a George Sherrill-type return and maybe that's optimistic.

I'd take it.  Josh Bell wasn't a bad flier to take.

Archived