Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

I like the headline prospect names like Robles, but I would prefer a larger package and something that could include a strong reliever coming back from the Nats.  Something centered around Glover and then Fedde - who would be a nice SP piece to add.  And then pop one or two additional younger guys.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hoosiers said:

I like the headline prospect names like Robles, but I would prefer a larger package and something that could include a strong reliever coming back from the Nats.  Something centered around Glover and then Fedde - who would be a nice SP piece to add.  And then pop one or two additional younger guys.

A couple of things.....I did not look at any product write ups about Robles. I'm assuming by looking at BB ref they are expecting this guy to develop home run power? Certainly the kid looks like a good CF prospect , but his SB/CS ratio isn't all that good 99/35. In comparison to Mullins who is 52/14 so far. Mullins I has a .900 OPS at AA compared to Robles .875 at A+. The other thing is that Robles overall numbers are better he's been n the minors 4 years to 3.

My point is that they are pretty similar and we sorely need good SP prospects. Any talks with the Dodgers for  Britton would include Buehler among  the 4 names that it would take. The 4 players matches the Chapman deal on in quantity. In addition to Buehler I would be sure that a second SP was White and like Heredia.

To get Brach the Dodgers would have to give up 6-7 players with something like

Britton for Buehler, Heredia, White  

Brach for Stewart, Rhame, and Davis

5 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

A couple of things.....I did not look at any product write ups about Robles. I'm assuming by looking at BB ref they are expecting this guy to develop home run power? Certainly the kid looks like a good CF prospect , but his SB/CS ratio isn't all that good 99/35. In comparison to Mullins who is 52/14 so far. Mullins I has a .900 OPS at AA compared to Robles .875 at A+. The other thing is that Robles overall numbers are better he's been n the minors 4 years to 3.

My point is that they are pretty similar and we sorely need good SP prospects. Any talks with the Dodgers for  Britton would include Buehler among  the 4 names that it would take. The 4 players matches the Chapman deal on in quantity. In addition to Buehler I would be sure that a second SP was White and like Heredia.

To get Brach the Dodgers would have to give up 6-7 players with something like

Britton for Buehler, Heredia, White  

Brach for Stewart, Rhame, and Davis

The Dodgers are the best fit. It would be ideal to split Britton and Brach up into two separate packages, but LA could decide it wants to keep them away from other teams(Wash) and just get them both. 

57 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Dodgers are the best fit. It would be ideal to split Britton and Brach up into two separate packages, but LA could decide it wants to keep them away from other teams(Wash) and just get them both. 

The Dodgers can afford to think like that.

Wade Davis being awful last night can't hurt. 

The Dodgers need to deal with Murphy & Harper while the Nats would need to deal with Bellinger & Seager. The 4 most dangerous bats are all lefties between the two, then of course the Cubs are loaded with left handed bats. Britton not at his best only gives up grounders, his value should be immense. 

8 hours ago, hoosiers said:

Quality over quantity. Robles is a stud prospect. No. 5 in all of baseball. A 5-tool guy.

Just now, FlipTheBird said:

Quality over quantity. Robles is a stud prospect. No. 5 in all of baseball. A 5-tool guy.

Number 2 to some mid season. I want the top talent over taking a pitcher as well. A pitcher or 6 would be lovely but we need all the talent we can get, we could move Robles for any arm we want.

2 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

If the Orioles could get Robles, Fedde, and a 10-20 guy in the Nats system for Britton, I'd be all over it. 

I also would be interested in trading him to the Yankees if Torres plus would come back.

Just now, Yardball85 said:

If the Orioles could get Robles, Fedde, and a 10-20 guy in the Nats system for Britton, I'd be all over it. 

I also would be interested in trading him to the Yankees if Torres plus would come back.

I doubt Britton brings that much of a return.

4 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

That's probably a high asking price. If you get Robles in a Britton deal, you can probably get two 10-20 guys, but not Fedde. And I'm fine with that - not sold on the guy at all. At least not the way some folks are around here.

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This could be hilarious. We trade Britton to LA for Buehler, Calhoun, and Stewart. We fix the rotation and solve the hole at SS by having Calhoun play 2nd and Schoop play SS. 

You are confident that Schoop can handle SS full time?

2 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

A note on MLBTR said that a team had asked the Dodgers about Verdugo and they said it would be tough to move him. I would assume that team is the Orioles.

It would be tough to move Britton, too.

Archived