Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

Just now, gmelson26 said:

If the point is to just get through the season.. bring up some AAA starters to get through the season.

Why not just use Asher or Aquino.  Unless the Orioles are trading a big contract, I don't like this one bit.  I want to know what the Phillies are getting. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Can we at least all agree that Andy MacPhail is largely responsible for this team's "success" over the past five seasons? Most of the core players MacPhail acquired are either gone or have started to decline and these are the results that we get.

Macphail had nothing to do with Miguel Gonzalez and Wei yen Chen. Or Kevin Gausman, O'day, Pearce, McClouth, Cruz, Miller, Givens as a P, Davis, Trumbo, extending Jones.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Why not just use Asher or Aquino.  Unless the Orioles are trading a big contract, I don't like this one bit.  I want to know what the Phillies are getting. 

I assume next to nothing. It's a salary dump on the phillies end. 

For us , we get hope that somehow we can get on a run and if we get rid of Britton  we don't take on too much in salary plus we get the 10 million back we'd be spending on Britton next year. 

Archived