Would You Do Trey Mancini For Sonny Gray?

ELMERO

5 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

I doubt they'd take Akin, Hays & Mancini. 

Right.  I don't think people realize how valuable 2.5 years of a #2 starter is.  If Gray was an Oriole, people on here would want four top 100 prospects in return. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

I doubt they'd take Akin, Hays & Mancini. 

Dodgers can top that offer, and they are going to add a pitcher or two before the trade deadline. 

From the A's perspective, Mancini has had a nice season but he wasn't a top rated prospect.  Will Mancini keep producing like this for the next 5 years?  You're not trading Gray straight up for that gamble.

2 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

No Way   We need hitting too.   Trade Chris Davis and put Mancini at first.

Mancini has far more value and is redundant when we already have Davis and Trumbo.  Davis is over 30, still has five years left on his deal, his BA is once again floating around .200, his OPS has dropped 150 points since signing that deal and his OBP is on a downward trend each of the last two years.

One of these guys has value and the other does not.  One can be packaged to net you a pretty good, young player; the other would essentially be a salary dump.  The only way Davis brings back something of value in a trade is if you eat most/all of that contract.

20 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Exactly. Figure out a way to get rid of Trumbo and put Trey at DH. 

Trumbo really isnt much below his career averages. If you could find someone that needed a 1B you might have a shot.

Trumbo is fast starter offensively and your opportunity might be be mid next season after he puts up a fast start.

5 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Where will the O's get pitching? You  have to give to get. 

They should gut the bullpen in my opinion! That is their strength and we seem to be good at it. If you can get good value out of Brach and Britton they should be gone now. If Givens bring you a really special package I would deal high on him as well.

4 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Dodgers can top that offer, and they are going to add a pitcher or two before the trade deadline. 

From the A's perspective, Mancini has had a nice season but he wasn't a top rated prospect.  Will Mancini keep producing like this for the next 5 years?  You're not trading Gray straight up for that gamble.

Yeah it's not close, we love Mancini and we value him more than anyone else, I'm good with that. Everyone underestimated him or

A) He'd be elsewhere 

B) We wouldn't have Davis & Trumbo locked up

A guy like that, who came through our system, with his humility, he's about as impossible not to like as any Oriole I can remember. I see him flash across the screen backing plays up, with full effort, down 9 runs in the 8th. He's Charm City's and we aren't sending him anywhere I hope. Unless it brings 2.5 years of Gray, then the nostalgia may wear off rather quickly.

54 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

They should gut the bullpen in my opinion! That is their strength and we seem to be good at it. If you can get good value out of Brach and Britton they should be gone now. If Givens bring you a really special package I would deal high on him as well.

Absolutely...that's the best option but we don't sell high. Or sell at all evidently. 

1 minute ago, Cumberbundy said:

Absolutely...that's the best option but we don't sell high. Or sell at all evidently. 

I anticipate one of Brach or Britton will go ....Britton even in his current state is valuable and he's left handed.

Archived