Would You Do Trey Mancini For Sonny Gray?

ELMERO

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.  

You'd be selling high on Trey. And if the O's really are going to take one last crack at it next year, I think we need to add a TOR starter like Gray to have any hope.

2018 Rotation:

1. Gray

2. Bundy

3. Gausman

4. Hellickson (Resigned after finding marginal success here in the final two months)

5. Aquino/Ynoa/Wright/Blier?

I also don't think this will happen. 

I would. 

With Gray you get 2.5 years of a good starting pitcher. The team is aiming to contend again in 2018 and the starting rotation is weakest aspect of the roster by far. Outfield is where we seem to have the most minor league talent. 

Oakland would want more though. 

34 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Uh, yeah. 

Oakland would have a nice laugh at that offer though. 

Then again, Billy Beane's trades the last few years have been almost as bad as DD's. 

Remember, it's Sonny Gray, we're talking about.  Not Max Scherzer, Cory Kluber or Jacob deGrom.

6 minutes ago, ELMERO said:

Remember, it's Sonny Gray, we're talking about.  Not Max Scherzer, Cory Kluber or Jacob deGrom.

I know who Sonny Gray is. 

He's not any of those guys but he's really good.  Mancini doesn't get Gray.  Especially when the Dodgers are bidding. 

14 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

No Way   We need hitting too.   Trade Chris Davis and put Mancini at first.

Chris Davis has negative trade value.

46 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Mancini wouldn't be enough to land Gray. Dodgers can offer up much more.  

Orioles would have to add someone like Tanner Scott to get the A's to bite.  

I agree, but if a team believes in what Mancini has been in the Majors, then he is worth Gray straight up.  Basically an average ML starter with a ton of team control making the league minimum is hugely valuable.  

44 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

Would you do Mancini and Brach for Gray?  Would Oakland?  That's an All Star relief pitcher and a young, affordable outfielder who will probably finish top 3 this year in AL ROY votes...

Oakland would only want Brach in order to flip him for prospects, most teams aren't like the O's, when they sell they look for pieces with more control not less.

Archived