Now That The Trade Deadline has Passed - Let's Go Out and Win this Thing

brianod

I don't know if anyone heard (the details) about this yet, but there was big news today in Boston on Pedroia and him going on DL.  Dombrowski basically said he has a chronic knee condition that will need to be managed for the rest of his career. What makes it even worse is their offense has struggled big time the whole year, and he was the only consistent one in the lineup. They are VERY worried up there right now. That offense really couldn't afford to lose anyone much less him. Bears watching.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TradeAngelos said:

I don't know if anyone heard (the details) about this yet, but there was big news today in Boston on Pedroia and him going on DL.  Dombrowski basically said he has a chronic knee condition that will need to be managed for the rest of his career. What makes it even worse is their offense has struggled big time the whole year, and he was the only consistent one in the lineup. They are VERY worried up there right now. That offense really couldn't afford to lose anyone much less him. Bears watching.

Wow, interesting.

They did just bring up their top prospect, Devers, last week.   He's already hit 2 HRs in a week and went 4 for 4 today.

8 hours ago, brianod said:

I understand the long term thinking that went into trading our short term star players. But, we are only 7 1/2 games out of first with two months to go.  We have won recently with this team and there is no reason why we can't get hot and have a shot. I'm glad we didn't trade anyone important. Beating one of the hottest teams in baseball with their ace on the mound vs Ubaldo sets us up nice for the rest of this series.

If we can stay in this thing until September, Buck can manage this team like a National League team and bring up some bats and gloves like Pedro, Cisco, Santander, Pena, Flarety, Yaz, Chris Johnson, Janish, Dickerson, maybe even Hays. The 40 man roster would need to be reworked a bit, but we won't have to see guys like Gentry, Tejada, Rickard, or Hardy swinging a bat past the 6th inning anymore. 

Where's Michael Bourne at? That's a serious question. Could he be got again?

I don't have my hopes up. I see the deadline moves as putting us in position to retool for next year. That said, I am still watching games. Any wins with Ubaldo pitching are a huge bonus. The bullpen is mostly back (O'Day is still a major concern). Maybe Hellickson gives us something. If we can pull off a series win vs KC, our schedule is set up pretty nicely to get on a little roll (Tigers, Angels, A's, Mariners, Angels, A's). 

1 minute ago, Lucky_13 said:

That's FOUR in a row!

3.5 back of the wildcard 

If Indians can complete the comeback we'll be 5.5 out of first. 

Get out the brooms for tomorrow. 

Lindor HR of Kimbrel 0-2 count tie game. On MLB Network. 

Archived