8/19/2017, Replica Camden Yards Night

DirtyBird

I'll be there.   And before the game they'll have a home run hitting contest with selected members of the 1992 team.   I don't know who it will be, but who wouldn't want to see Cal, Hoiles, Milligan, Devereaux, or Brady take a few swings.

Glenn Davis and Sam Horn were on that team too, even 42 year old Rick Dempsey made a very brief appearance and was able to play in Camden Yards before retiring.

I'll be getting there early for that, that's for sure.

Honestly, I was kind of surprised how many tickets were left when I bought tickets the other night.   The MD flag jersey giveaway was a complete sellout, and I consider this one right up there with that as one of the bests of the year.

It hasn't been commented much here, but the promotions department really did a great job this year coming up with new and unique giveaways.    The MD flag jersey, the welcome mat, the bottle stoppers.   Even the floppy hat had a chin strap which made it unique.   They deserve some kudos for really spicing up the giveaway schedule.

Don't know which thread it was, but it would best to post it here.

25th Anniversary Oriole Park at Camden Yards Replica Ballpark - All fans

Someone was wondering if there was a limited amount or a certain age group that would get the replica Camden Yards; well good news it's for all fans in attendance so nobody has to worry about missing out. Weather looks to be shaping out for a great night of baseball as well.

And at 6PM there will be a home run contest featuring members of the 1992 Orioles.

I have NOT seen anything on which members, but these are some guys that played for that team:  Cal Ripken, Randy Milligan, Mike Deveraux, Brady Anderson, Chris Hoiles, Glenn Davis.   Even Rick Dempsey got a couple at bats that year at age 42.

I absolutely plan to get there early enough for that.

Im gonna try to take my son.  My first game of the year.  I found this on the Orioles site...

The Orioles are welcoming back at least 17 members of the first team to play at Oriole Park at Camden Yards - the 1992 Orioles. Select players from the original 1992 team will take part in a charity Home Run Derby contest at Oriole Park prior to the game on Saturday. Expected to attend are Orioles Legend and National Baseball Hall of Famer CAL RIPKEN, JR., Orioles Hall of Famers BRADY ANDERSON, RICK DEMPSEY, CHRIS HOILES, and GREGG OLSON, as well as former Orioles MIKE DEVEREAUX, LEO GOMEZ, SAM HORN, TIM HULETT, BEN McDONALD, MARK McLEMORE, JOE ORSULAK, JIM POOLE, DAVID SEGUI, RICK SUTCLIFFE,MARK WILLIAMSON, current Orioles Bullpen Coach and former Orioles reliever ALAN MILLS, and others. 

28 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Im gonna try to take my son.  My first game of the year.  I found this on the Orioles site...

The Orioles are welcoming back at least 17 members of the first team to play at Oriole Park at Camden Yards - the 1992 Orioles. Select players from the original 1992 team will take part in a charity Home Run Derby contest at Oriole Park prior to the game on Saturday. Expected to attend are Orioles Legend and National Baseball Hall of Famer CAL RIPKEN, JR., Orioles Hall of Famers BRADY ANDERSON, RICK DEMPSEY, CHRIS HOILES, and GREGG OLSON, as well as former Orioles MIKE DEVEREAUX, LEO GOMEZ, SAM HORN, TIM HULETT, BEN McDONALD, MARK McLEMORE, JOE ORSULAK, JIM POOLE, DAVID SEGUI, RICK SUTCLIFFE,MARK WILLIAMSON, current Orioles Bullpen Coach and former Orioles reliever ALAN MILLS, and others. 

Frobby, care to reconsider your Brady pick now that mighty Sam Horn is in the mix?

:D

Roch has an update (I've highlighted the players not previously announced in red):

Players from the 1992 team who will be at Camden Yards on Saturday to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Camden Yards include Cal Ripken Jr., Brady Anderson, Bill Ripken, Mike Devereaux, Mike Mussina, Sam Horn, Joe Orsulak, Rick Sutcliffe, Glenn Davis, Leo Gomez, Tim Hulett, Mark McLemore, Rick Dempsey, Alan Mills, Jim Poole, Mark Williamson, Ben McDonald, Gregg Olson and Chris Hoiles. Former pitching coach Dick Bosman also will attend.

Anderson, Devereaux, Hoiles, Horn and Orsulak will participate in a Home Run Derby on Saturday.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/08/orioles-lineup-vs-mariners-9.html

I'm very glad to see Mussina attending -- he went 18-5 in the 1992 season, his first full season in the majors.    And I'm disappointed but not surprised that Cal isn't participating in the home run derby.   I've rearranged my flight home to get back in time to go to this game, though I'm not sure I can get there in time for the HR derby.

On 8/15/2017 at 5:57 PM, SteveA said:

And at 6PM there will be a home run contest featuring members of the 1992 Orioles.

I have NOT seen anything on which members, but these are some guys that played for that team:  Cal Ripken, Randy Milligan, Mike Deveraux, Brady Anderson, Chris Hoiles, Glenn Davis.   Even Rick Dempsey got a couple at bats that year at age 42.

I absolutely plan to get there early enough for that.

On 8/15/2017 at 6:16 PM, Frobby said:

My money's on Brady.   

And, I was right.    I just missed seeing it -- they were doing the final round as I was walking in from the parking lot.    

Archived