Do you ride Bundy to the bitter end?

Lucky_13

Dylan Bundy threw 109.2 innings last year. This year, he's thrown 140.1 innings. Do you think they keep running him out there but skip a start or two? I feel like they have to. He's been their best pitcher. 

My main thing is, what do you do if they make the wild card game and win? The best playoff rotation we can come up with is Gausmen, Bundy, and Hellickson. If that's the case, Bundy definitely reaches 180+ innings depending on how far we go. Are you guys okay with possibly risking Bundy's arm for a dice roll?

On the one hand, the Nats shutdown Strasburg and that hurt them in one season but he came back. The mets ran Harvey out there and he hasn't been the same.  Then there's Mark Prior. 

Dylan Bundy had his TJ surgery in 2013, so his situation is not really the same as Harvey (who threw 189 innings after missing the previous season with TJ surgery) or Strasburg (who came back in the middle of a season, threw 45 innings between the majors and the minors, then threw 159 innings the next year before being shut down).      The O's seem to be trying for some middle ground here, skipping Bundy a few times here and there but not shutting him down.    It seems reasonable to me so long as he's not showing too much wear and tear when he pitches.   

6 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

If Bundy gets hurt I will be stuck listening to Sarah mclachlan in the dark for the duration of his injury. 

I wonder if this slider is the pitch scouts graded so highly in HS, I doubt it but I can't find a YouTube of his HS cutter. 

There are two types of cutter, the one Bundy throws is also known as a baby slider. 

It's the same pitch.

Archived