Art, a bit of the talent produced in DC/MD - the Terps could make a move here

Cumberbundy

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah. Team better on paper than on floor. Regressed that year.  

Rhodes had great hands. 

Layman, Garrison, Morris....three guys who may have gotten worse as they got older. Garrison & Morris in particular were frustrating. 

Gary could always use his big men, Jordan Williams & Baxter didn't have a ton of talent, but he got a lot out of them. Baxter was awful in HS, my 2nd HS beat him 3 times and our center was 6-1.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cumberbundy said:

I was a tad late myself. I love anything positive that happened in MD. I try to claim the NCST national title with my NC friends because Maryland players did everything. 

Nationally College basketball at least to me was a much bigger deal when I was growing up. The tourney itself is as popular as ever but when I was growing up regular season games meant something.  Now it is all about March. 

Different times. Many reasons.  

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Nationally College basketball at least to me was a much bigger deal when I was growing up. The tourney itself is as popular as ever but when I was growing up regular season games meant something.  Now it is all about March. 

Different times. Many reasons.  

Absolutely. I still enjoy it but the week used to revolve around the regular season games. Money & one & dones changed a lot. I used to thumb through the TV guide just to find the games that would be on - I'd just look for the long dark gray boxes & hope Maryland or Seton Hall was in them. TV guide...haven't seen one of those in 20 years.

2 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Layman, Garrison, Morris....three guys who may have gotten worse as they got older. Garrison & Morris in particular were frustrating. 

Gary could always use his big men, Jordan Williams & Baxter didn't have a ton of talent, but he got a lot out of them. Baxter was awful in HS, my 2nd HS beat him 3 times and our center was 6-1.

Morris just never had that intangible. He had talent but it seemed he didn't like to work. 

Gilchrist really hurt the program. When he didn't work out things went real south. If Williams had stayed Gary stays one more year. 

Baxter got better. Rodney Elliot did as well. He wasn't a star but improved. 

Archived