Wilkerson can help as the Utility Infielder

Roll Tide

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

50 game suspension for amphetamines. Can’t blame him. Journeyman type player trying to make it to the show. It really makes you think though was he really only on amphetamines?  I’m guessing roids too but they didn’t catch him. 

If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. 

It’s a stupid mistake but I wouldn’t jump to attempted cheating. Supposedly he was clean all season and in the AFL, but got popped on an offseason test.

Some pre-workout energy mixes have stimulants that would cause that type of test result, pretty easy mistake to make. Not saying that’s the cause but if I had to guess.

26 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

It’s a stupid mistake but I wouldn’t jump to attempted cheating. Supposedly he was clean all season and in the AFL, but got popped on an offseason test.

Some pre-workout energy mixes have stimulants that would cause that type of test result, pretty easy mistake to make. Not saying that’s the cause but if I had to guess.

If you notice, over 90% of the minor league suspensions tend to occur in the off season. 

Andino being a recent exception.

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If you notice, over 90% of the minor league suspensions tend to occur in the off season. 

Andino being a recent exception.

Back in my athletic days, the majority of guys who got popped got caught for stimulants, easy and legal to get over the counter at vitamin/supplement stores and you have to know what you are looking for on the label to avoid them.

Although on the NCAA list, the amphetamine label refers to just Adderall. Not sure if the labels are the same for MLB, or if it applies to anything in the amphetamine family. 

39 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

Back in my athletic days, the majority of guys who got popped got caught for stimulants, easy and legal to get over the counter at vitamin/supplement stores and you have to know what you are looking for on the label to avoid them.

Although on the NCAA list, the amphetamine label refers to just Adderall. Not sure if the labels are the same for MLB, or if it applies to anything in the amphetamine family. 

Why in the hell does a kid need a pick me up in the offseason?  Right or wrong I can see where the wear and tear of the season would lead players to take something during the season. This makes no sense. 

When stuff Iike this happens have to wonder what in the hell someone is thinking unless they are on the stuff all the time and just got caught.  

I think Troy Patton got popped last week of 2013 when club was already out of it.  

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Why in the hell does a kid need a pick me up in the offseason?  Right or wrong I can see where the wear and tear of the season would lead players to take something during the season. This makes no sense. 

When stuff Iike this happens have to wonder what in the hell someone is thinking unless they are on the stuff all the time and just got caught.  

I think Troy Patton got popped last week of 2013 when club was already out of it.  

There are banned stimulants in popular pre workout supplements. 

Adderall, I don’t know, I’ve never taken it. I did have some friends that would take it to boost their focus in college (not for sports but for school work).

Just now, phillyOs119 said:

There are banned stimulants in popular pre workout supplements. 

Adderall, I don’t know, I’ve never taken it. I did have some friends that would take it to boost their focus in college (not for sports but for school work).

I get the workout stuff. When I was younger I took some over the counter stuff before lifting. I also wasn’t getting tested. That can’t be an excuse. 

I know nothing personally about Adderall but I know it can be addictive. I just worry when stuff like this happens that someone is on it all the time and finally got busted.  

On 12/12/2017 at 10:19 PM, eddie83 said:

We don’t know when Wilkerson was tested.   Don’t forget that he played in the AFL, and that season only ended four weeks ago.   

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We don’t know when Wilkerson was tested.   Don’t forget that he played in the AFL, and that season only ended four weeks ago.   

Doesnt really matter much when he failed.

Bottom line he failed, sad for him, he has to suffer the consequences of his actions.

Hopefully, he can recover and this doesn't derail his chance at a big league job.

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I thought Roch said it was in late November. I thought he said it was after the season.  

• 6 months later...

o

Wilkerson will certainly have his hands full in his career Major League Debut (as a starter) tonight, going up against arguably the best pitcher in all of baseball.

BALTIMORE O RIOLES ))))))) (vs. NATIONALS, 6/21)

Jace Peterson - LF

Adam Jones - CF

Manny Machado - SS

Mark Trumbo - 1B

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Colby Rasmus - RF

Caleb Martin Joseph - C

STEPHEN BEATY WILKERSO3B

K.J. Gausman - RHP ) (3-6, 4.48 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Maxwell M. Scherzer - RHP ) (10-3, 2.06 ERA) ) *

*  )) Leads the Major Leagues in[/FONT] Strikeouts (152), Strikeouts-Per-9 Innings (13.589), CG-Shutouts (1), and FIP (1.94), and Leads the National League in Wins (10), Complete Games (1), Innings Pitched (100.67), WHIP (0.844), and Strikeouts-to-Walks Ratio (6.609)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

Archived