Manager Movement

weams

I don't know that Trembley "lost the clubhouse" any more than Cafardo claimed Buck lost it last year. I have no first-hand information to believe so. And the second-hand info makes it appear as if he was respected by the players.

I understand that we sometimes evolve on our thinking. But I tend to agree with the younger you rather than the current you.

This is how DT (Trembley) handles things. When Tejada didn't want to show up on time and stretch with the team, DT called him into the office and said what gives. Miggi said he wanted to come late and stretch at home, DT said fine but you won't start that day. Miggi complained and DT called a team meeting and asked everyone how they felt about Miggi not stretching with the team. Needless to say Miggyi stopped coming late and he stretched with the team.That may not be your style, but it works for DT and my guess is most of his players respect him. Benching a guy is akin to outing him for the public's benifit and it may be counterproductive.
-- El Gordo August, 9, 2009

That guy believed that most of the players respected Trembley.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived