Orioles Will Face Tough Decision On Adam Jones After 2018 Season

PressBoxOnline

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Carter - released

Pedro only played a month in the majors last year.

Neither of good comparisons to Trumbo.

How does Carter getting released in 2017 not make end of 2016 Carter a good comp for Trumbo?

Maybe if Trumbo had signed a 1/3 deal the signing team would have cut him?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Free agents, trades, international signings or converting Brach and Castro to starters while acquiring FA relievers.  Dan has to find a way to get starting pitching.  The alternative is not pretty.

forget international signings, wont happen with this team.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

With that kind of logic  its obvious there is no discussing the subject with you.

Do you think that by September of last year Trumbo deserved to be on a ML team?  He was only a tick better than Carter who had been released.  He was well below replacement level.

If he had that season in 2016, when he was on a one year deal and the O's were fighting for a playoff spot, would you have kept him on the roster?

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Ok, so, wont happen was a bit strong, however, the Orioles are not real big players in the international market.

When I think of the "international Market" I think of those players who are paid out of the International slots.  Not full blown free agents with no restrictions.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you think that by September of last year Trumbo deserved to be on a ML team?  He was only a tick better than Carter who had been released.  He was well below replacement level.

If he had that season in 2016, when he was on a one year deal and the O's were fighting for a playoff spot, would you have kept him on the roster?

Did the O's have someone better?

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

When I think of the "international Market" I think of those players who are paid out of the International slots.  Not full blown free agents with no restrictions.

Widen your thinking.  That is what Dan is going to have to do this off season.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Widen your thinking.  That is what Dan is going to have to do this off season.

I think of Gonzo and Chen as just being free agent acquisitions.  Same with Koji.  I don't care what league they played in last year.

I don't think signing someone that has been in the KBO for a decade as an "International signing" it's a free agent signing.

Archived