Brian Roberts trade rumors back on!

ed101elove

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been suggesting the Brewers in some PMs and, I believe, a few messages. I think BRob would fit very well at the top of the Milwaukee lineup.

Weeks is an incredible talent, but he is struggling big time and I suspect we'd get one or two quality prospects with Weeks.

Any chance of DCab, Sherrill, and Brob for Gamel, Escobar, LaPorta, and Weeks? Would we have include some youngsters? Would the Brew crew even consider it? I mean if Brob could net you Weeks and Sherrill, Escober, could DCab net Gamel and LaPorta? What else would we have to include if anything? To get young studs like that would be a fantastic move for us. Our infield would be set for the future.

The way Salomon Torrez is going, I doubt they'd get they'd be one of the teams going after Sherrill.

With the arrow for the future definitely pointing up (from my perspective at least), I'm thinking that a BRob trade is less and less likely. I just don't think anyone's going to give us more value than we place on him.

To try to gain some objectivity on the situation i glanced at BRob's ranking among 2bs according to yahoo fantasy (obviously not the best way but at least its not a baltimorean's pov), and just for his offense he is rated as the 4th best 2b and 28th overall. This was a very basic and fast way to do a comparison because I don't have the time nor the interest level to find a stat site find some obscure stat that I believe would be the best way to determine value.

I thought i read somewhere they want to Move LaPorta to 1st. Anyone think they move Fielder? What would it take to nab him? I really think we match up very well with them. What about Gamel, Escobar, and Weeks for Dcab and Brob. Then Sherrill to Atlanta for Heyward. Sign Tex. Now that would be sweet. Probally a little far fetched but we would be loaded.

LF Heyward

CF Jones

RF Kakes

C Weiters

1st Tex

3rd Gamel

DH Reimold/Rowell

SS Escobar

2nd Weeks

Tillman

Matusz

Arrieta

Olson/Hernandez/Liz/Bascom

Guts/Beato/Erbe/Penn

I've been suggesting the Brewers in some PMs and, I believe, a few messages. I think BRob would fit very well at the top of the Milwaukee lineup.

Weeks is an incredible talent, but he is struggling big time and I suspect we'd get one or two quality prospects with Weeks.

They really do make a lot of sense...They have 4 high potential young guys in Escobar, Gamel, Weeks and LaPorta...They also have some good young arms.

We have 3 things they need...leadoff guy, top starter and closer.

Lots of packages could work here...They could also have interest in a guy like Burres, who could help at the back of their rotation.

I thought i read somewhere they want to Move LaPorta to 1st. Anyone think they move Fielder? What would it take to nab him? I really think we match up very well with them. What about Gamel, Escobar, and Weeks for Dcab and Brob. Then Sherrill to Atlanta for Heyward. Now that would be sweet. Probally a little far fetched but we would be loaded.

Fielder will cost a ton...Let the Yankees pay the big premium for him.

I'd take Weeks and Chris Errecart (AA 1st baseman who's probably a better prospect than LaPorta).

LF Heyward

CF Jones

RF Kakes

C Weiters

1st Tex

3rd Gamel

DH Reimold/Rowell

SS Escobar

2nd Weeks

Tillman

Matusz

Arrieta

Guts/Beato/Erbe/Penn

If Tillman, Matusz, Arrieta, and another pitcher are better in 2010 than Guthrie has been in the last year, then it doesn't really matter what our lineup is...

If Tillman, Matusz, Arrieta, and another pitcher are better in 2010 than Guthrie has been in the last year, then it doesn't really matter what our lineup is...

Very true. I have to say in a couple of years our pitching is going to be the best in baseball. I think we truely could have three #1 studs in Arritea, Tillman, and Matusz. Im loving the Matusz pick more and more every day.

I thought i read somewhere they want to Move LaPorta to 1st. Anyone think they move Fielder? What would it take to nab him? I really think we match up very well with them. What about Gamel, Escobar, and Weeks for Dcab and Brob. Then Sherrill to Atlanta for Heyward. Sign Tex. Now that would be sweet. Probally a little far fetched but we would be loaded.

LF Heyward

CF Jones

RF Kakes

C Weiters

1st Tex

3rd Gamel

DH Reimold/Rowell

SS Escobar

2nd Weeks

Tillman

Matusz

Arrieta

Guts/Beato/Erbe/Penn

I don't think it is far fetched...The Brewers deal should be fine if they want to try and win this year.

I don't think the Braves would trade Heyward but who knows...But its not like it is some unfair proposal.

However, the point is that these are the types of things we could and should be doing...Not allowing our 500 record to get in the way of what really needs to be done...Lots of holes on this team offensively and they need to be corrected. The only ways we can truly correct them, while at the same time not waiting another 5 years for good draft picks, is to trade Sherrill, DCab and BRob. Those 3 hold value and are replaceable for us(DCab and Sherrill obviously easier for us to replace than BRob unless we get Weeks).

Yes, we need to get rid of the other guys on the team as well but those guys aren't bringing back the positional talent we need to compete with the big boys.

I like the idea of the Brewers. They obviously need a closer, but I wouldn't be so quick to offer D Cab. I would go with a Sherrill, B Rob, Burres type deal for Gamel, Escobar and Weeks. I think they would absolutely go for that. They paid way too much for Gagne, but Sherrill is cheap so it would make up for it a lot. those three would be our infield of the future. However I've heard that Gamel and Weeks are both error machines.

I don't think it is far fetched...The Brewers deal should be fine if they want to try and win this year.

I don't think the Braves would trade Heyward but who knows...But its not like it is some unfair proposal.

However, the point is that these are the types of things we could and should be doing...Not allowing our 500 record to get in the way of what really needs to be done...Lots of holes on this team offensively and they need to be corrected. The only ways we can truly correct them, while at the same time not waiting another 5 years for good draft picks, is to trade Sherrill, DCab and BRob. Those 3 hold value and are replaceable for us(DCab and Sherrill obviously easier for us to replace than BRob unless we get Weeks).

Yes, we need to get rid of the other guys on the team as well but those guys aren't bringing back the positional talent we need to compete with the big boys.

This is the point SG has been stressing for weeks now. If we want GOOD prospects we MUST get rid of the talent that we have, not just people we WANT to get rid of like Huff and company. Hoepfully MacPhail also realizes this and is working on something big. Yes, we are playing better than expected. Yes, we are still at .500 two months into the season. BUT...and here's the kicker, we are STILL in 5th (ie last) place in the AL East. MacPhail owes the players nothing. I'd hate for the chemistry to break down losing Millar and Sherrill, but we have to look big picture here, and big picture means trading these guys soon.

ESPN has reported the following today:

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors?univLogin02=stateChanged

"The Milwaukee Brewers recently sent two scouts to watch Baltimore Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts, and they are reportedly interested in offering Rickie Weeks in a deal for Roberts.

It remains uncertain if the Orioles are willing to offer Roberts for Weeks straight-up, however it is clear that they will not get as nice a package for their veteran second baseman as the one proposed by the Chicago Cubs in Spring Training according to Ken Rosenthal's latest column."

Sounds like a crap deal to me.

Archived