Brian Roberts trade rumors back on!

ed101elove

That would suck.

All this trade talk, and the scouting may have simply been because they are playing us in a couple of Weeks (no pun intended).

To be fair, it's not like Melvin is going to show his cards right now. Roch would get a similar answer from MacPhail, if he were to phone him right now.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair, it's not like Melvin is going to show his cards right now. Roch would get a similar answer from MacPhail, if he were to phone him right now.

I just took it at face value when KenR reported the interest, but before that I've always thought that MIL would NOT be buyers at the deadline.

Scouting the O's (and not Roberts) make much more sense.

Well, I guess it all depends what you mean by top level . . . but yeah, Brewers are getting ripped in that one trade.

No they aren't..>Gamel/Laporta, Weeks, Escobar and Jeffress isn't some awful deal and then throw in a serviceable back of the rotation starter and the deal is fair ,especially if they are giving up on Weeks.

No they aren't..>Gamel/Laporta, Weeks, Escobar and Jeffress isn't some awful deal and then throw in a serviceable back of the rotation starter and the deal is fair ,especially if they are giving up on Weeks.

If you're the Brewers...

Weeks for Roberts is plausible. They might give 3+ years of Weeks for 1+ year of Roberts if they felt the upgrade was significant enough. (Emphasis on might.)

Gamel/Laporta, Escobar and Jeffress for Sherrill and Burres... LOL. Not in a million years. Sherrill would certainly give the BP a shot in the arm, but the Brewers are loaded with serviceable #5 starters (Bush McClung Villanueva Capuano). Adding another of those does them no good. What they need is a #2 or #3 starter, not more marginal stuff.

So you're left with 3 of their top 5 or 6 prospects for Sherrill. Hey I'd love it if they did that, but... dream on.

Archived