Brian Roberts trade rumors back on!

ed101elove

This coming per elismlbrumors.com, which is a very creditable source.

"The Brian Roberts talks are back and Ken Rosenthal suggests a move to the Brewers for Rickie Weeks would be good. It would give the Brewers the leadoff man they need, and it would give the Orioles a young, hard hitting second baseman."

Personally im not that high on Weeks. He hasnt got better through his first 4 years in the majors, however, he is only 26.

.210 avg. 7 hr and 20 rbi

I would do a deal with the brewers if they included a package of someone like LaPorta(maybe unlikely to get him, but worth trying), Tyler Green, Alcides Escobar, Mat Gamel, Jeremy Jeffress.

I would love to get Weeks, LaPorta/Escobar, and Mat Gamel and I would be all over this deal. This would be a way better package then anything the cubs would offer.

Thoughts? Ideas?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The Brian Roberts talks are back and Ken Rosenthal suggests a move to the Brewers for Rickie Weeks would be good. It would give the Brewers the leadoff man they need, and it would give the Orioles a young, hard hitting second baseman."

Personally im not that high on Weeks. He hasnt got better through his first 4 years in the majors, however, he is only 26.

I would do a deal with the brewers if they included a package of someone like LaPorta(maybe unlikely to get him, but worth trying), Tyler Green, Alcides Escobar, Mat Gamel, Jeremy Jeffress.

I would love to get Weeks, LaPorta/Escobar, and Mat Gamel and I would be all over this deal. This would be a way better package then anything the cubs would offer.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Dude, I see you are new around here, so here's some advice from a seasoned vet....When a moderator (ScottieBaseball in this case) LOCKS your thread for whatever reason, its not a good idea to re-open another thread with the exact same information. Good way to get yourself a mini-vacation. Take it for what its worth!

I am not a big fan of trading Roberts, but if we did trade him I would take this deal in a second. I think Weeks has the potential to be an all star for years to come and is still very young. I don't think that the market will be too wide for Roberts at the deadline and I don't think that you will get a better player back than Weeks. Still though, if we did this deal I think I would want one of their SS prospects (Escobar would be preferred) back along with Weeks. I would have no problem adding another player to make that happen.

Rosenthal is making it seem as if we'd have to add another player to get Weeks (and a throw in)....as if RW's value is higher. I don't understand that. A guy who is producing now vs a 26 year old who might produce in the future? If that's the case, they can keep him.

I like this trade A LOT. Weeks has the "potential" (keyword) to be another star player for our future lineup.

Getting a potential future All-Star for Roberts + Strengthening the Brewers (who are in the same division as the Cubs) = Happy ChaosLex

First of all, this Elis rumor site is far from credible...Now, a lot of times he is just posting a link to someone else's work but his ideas and things like that are far from credible.

That being said, the Brewers are a team that make a lot of sense.

They could use BRob, Sherrill, Burres and/or DCab.

They have Gamel for third...His defense is very erratic and he may not be able to stay there but he does give us insurance in case Tex isn't signed and maybe, he ends up in LF with Scott going to DH...Or maybe they can get his defense at third corrected and he can be a passable defender over there.

Weeks obviously makes sense for us for many reasons.

Escobar could be our SS very soon.

They also have some good pitching prospects that we could add to our stable...A 3 for 4 or 5 trade with the Brewers could easily happen if the Brewers want to "go for it".

First of all, this Elis rumor site is far from credible...Now, a lot of times he is just posting a link to someone else's work but his ideas and things like that are far from credible.

That being said, the Brewers are a team that make a lot of sense.

They could use BRob, Sherrill, Burres and/or DCab.

They have Gamel for third...His defense is very erratic and he may not be able to stay there but he does give us insurance in case Tex isn't signed and maybe, he ends up in LF with Scott going to DH...Or maybe they can get his defense at third corrected and he can be a passable defender over there.

Weeks obviously makes sense for us for many reasons.

Escobar could be our SS very soon.

They also have some good pitching prospects that we could add to our stable...A 3 for 4 or 5 trade with the Brewers could easily happen if the Brewers want to "go for it".

Are you hearing something, SG?

"The Brian Roberts talks are back and elismlbrumors.com suggests a move to the Brewers for Rickie Weeks would be good. It would give the Brewers the leadoff man they need, and it would give the Orioles a young, hard hitting second baseman."

Thoughts? Ideas?

1. Once a thread is locked, don't re-start a duplicate.

2. There's no evidence that Rosenthal said any such thing, so I fixed that for you.

3. elismlbrumors.com isn't considered a "credible source."

1. Once a thread is locked, don't re-start a duplicate.

2. There's no evidence that Rosenthal said any such thing, so I fixed that for you.

3. elismlbrumors.com isn't considered a "credible source."

Rosenthal's article suggested the trade with Milwaukee.

Trading BRob plus a young pitcher for a .240 hitter with potential is a real comedown from the rumored Cubs' deal.

You people are back? You have no idea what players would be involved in a trade or even if there is one so to say it is a letdown of your teams offers is ridiculous. Lets see how your players pan out before you guys all stick your chest out too far on the trade that didn't happen.

Archived