*GASP* Millar goes to Boston for game two!!!

Moose Milligan

It has occurred to me that my owning two Boston Terriers could make be appear disloyal to the Orioles. I'd hate to look like a traitor.

Should I rid myself of them and replace them with Chesapeake Bay Retrievers?

Please discuss.

How about adding a pair of Baltimore Oriole birds too while your at it, to repent your sins...

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about adding a pair of Baltimore Oriole birds too while your at it, to repent your sins...

I hung an oriole feeder in my back yard this year. So far, no O's. But they say it could take three years for them to locate the feeder and make a home in my yard. Nobody tell them about my little...(gulp)...snake problem!

I hung an oriole feeder in my back yard this year. So far, no O's. But they say it could take three years for them to locate the feeder and make a home in my yard. Nobody tell them about my little...(gulp)...snake problem!

OMG you're trying to get the Orioles eaten by snakes! Did Millar put you up to this?

I hung an oriole feeder in my back yard this year. So far, no O's.

Does anybody see them around anymore? When I was a little kid in Lutherville the 50's, we'd see them in the yard once in a while, but by the late 60's we didn't see them anymore. Whoever is in charge of bird names (maybe some MFY fans?) changed the name to "North American Oriole", and I think one big part of the reason was that they don't spend time near Baltimore anymore.

Does anybody see them around anymore? When I was a little kid in Lutherville the 50's, we'd see them in the yard once in a while, but by the late 60's we didn't see them anymore. Whoever is in charge of bird names (maybe some MFY fans?) changed the name to "North American Oriole", and I think one big part of the reason was that they don't spend time near Baltimore anymore.

They got tired of 10 losing seasons and moved north for NY & Bos, hence the name change.

It has occurred to me that my owning two Boston Terriers could make be appear disloyal to the Orioles. I'd hate to look like a traitor.

Should I rid myself of them and replace them with Chesapeake Bay Retrievers?

Please discuss.

Yes. I took the liberty of finding you a picture of your new pets...

http://www.umbc.edu/NewsEvents/PhotoGal/DogParadeTrio.jpg

:D

When you say "oriole feeder" the first thing that pops into my head is Cindy hanging donuts and protein shakes in her back yard trying to get Millar or Roberts to stop by and eat them.

For Roberts the donuts had better be organic and for Millar she might have better luck with McDonald's cheeseburgers. :laughlol:

I think we have some in the woods behind the house here in Atlanta. I can't tell one bird from another, but my father in law who was a bird watcher claims we have orioles back there in the summertime.

They were all over the place in Ocean Pines, MD just outside Ocean City. There also used to be a bunch of them along the cart path of the fifth hole at Longview.

I saw a few at my parents house on the Eastern Shore last month but they definitely aren't a common sighting. Blue Jays and Cardinals are a daily sighting, an Oriole not so much.

I guess I should disown my parents because their yard is a cesspool of the competitions namesakes...:rolleyes:

I see them regularly in my backyard. I live in Upstate NY.

Archived