Carlos Gonzalez

joelala

I think it's a bad idea.  I don't see them making Trumbo the short side of a DH platoon.  Who's ABs will he take away?  Basically you'd be paying $25M for a left field/DH while taking up two roster spots.

For the first 45 days or so Santander has to be up.  That means you have Hays, Jones, Mancini, Gonzalez, Trumbo, Santander, 2 catchers and 5 IFers.  No OF defense off the bench for LF.

17 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Find someone to take CD/Trumbo and use the money to sign Machado and good pitching.

Sure, let’s just wish our bad contracts away.    I’m sure they’ll just disappear because we want them to.   Other teams are really stupid and are falling all over themselves hoping to get Davis and Trumbo and take those contracts off our hands.  

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

Sure, let’s just wish our bad contracts away.    I’m sure they’ll just disappear because we want them to.   Other teams are really stupid and are falling all over themselves hoping to get Davis and Trumbo and take those contracts off our hands.  

I wouldn't build my offseason plans around it, but they were able to move Gallardo last offseason.  So it wouldn't be a total shock if they could move Trumbo.

Archived