Fanfest

Going Underground

Just some information for Season Ticket Members. 

Dear Season Plan Member, 

As a valued Season Plan Member, your Orange Carpet Program benefits include complimentary tickets for Orioles FanFest, presented by Visit Sarasota County. Plus, enjoy early access which includes a "State of the Orioles" address with Dan Duquette and Buck Showalter, a complimentary player autograph session, and more! 

FanFest will take place on Saturday, January 27, 2018 at the Baltimore Convention Center. While FanFest does not open to the general public until 11:00 a.m., all Season Plan Members are eligible for a 10:00 a.m. entry with your specially marked tickets. Complimentary parking will be available in the Oriole Park at Camden Yards Lots B and C. The entrance for FanFest will be located at the Otterbein Lobby of the Baltimore Convention Center (located on South Sharp Street). The first 250 fans in line will receive a complimentary voucher to the first autograph session. 

You may now log in to your personal My Orioles Tickets account to access your complimentary FanFest tickets and purchase additional tickets. Each Season Plan Member will receive two complimentary tickets and may purchase additional early access tickets. 

This offer is subject to availability and will expire at midnight on Friday, January 12. 

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s going to be an interesting FanFest this year, following the first losing season the O’s have had in six years and with both the GM and manager in the last year of their contracts.    There could be some very uncomfortable questions asked to Dan and Buck.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

It’s going to be an interesting FanFest this year, following the first losing season the O’s have had in six years and with both the GM and manager in the last year of their contracts.    There could be some very uncomfortable questions asked to Dan and Buck.

I’d want to ask, what’s the 3 year strategy?

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I have never known O's fans to ask the hard questions at Fanfest.   Its a pretty up beat day normally.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I have never known O's fans to ask the hard questions at Fanfest.   Its a pretty up beat day normally.

Well, in 2011 we had the team’s hot finish under Buck in 2010 to feel good about.    In 2012 we had the final game vs. Boston to feel good about and Duquette had just arrived.    Then we had five pretty satisfying years.    This year is different — lots to be worried about regarding the future of this team, both this upcoming season and immediately afterwards.  

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, in 2011 we had the team’s hot finish under Buck in 2010 to feel good about.    In 2012 we had the final game vs. Boston to feel good about and Duquette had just arrived.    Then we had five pretty satisfying years.    This year is different — lots to be worried about regarding the future of this team, both this upcoming season and immediately afterwards.  

I am doubtful that anyone at Fanfest will be qualified to answer any questions about the team's future.

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2017 at 4:39 PM, mdbdotcom said:

I am doubtful that anyone at Fanfest will be qualified to answer any questions about the team's future.

I mean, exactly. The two most important people in the organization, Dan and Buck, either don't know if they're here next year, aren't ready to announce whether they are, or have already decided they aren't. They're both apparent lame ducks, along with a portion of the 25-man roster that comprises some of the team's best players. 

What can even be said? 

Don't go to this FanFest.

2 hours ago, interloper said:

I mean, exactly. The two most important people in the organization, Dan and Buck, either don't know if they're here next year, aren't ready to announce whether they are, or have already decided they aren't. They're both apparent lame ducks, along with a portion of the 25-man roster that comprises some of the team's best players. 

What can even be said? 

Don't go to this FanFest.

I’ve gone almost every year in the last 10, but I’m on the fence about this one.    I don’t want to go if I’m feeling sour, which is how I feel at the moment.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ve gone almost every year in the last 10, but I’m on the fence about this one.    I don’t want to go if I’m feeling sour, which is how I feel at the moment.  

You've gone when there was no plan, and the team was in poorer shape and much worse overall. I don't see why you wouldn't go this year. 

Archived