Fanfest

Going Underground

* Larry Bigbie and Stefan Crichton?  Is Bigbie now with the Orioles as a coach?  Also "Rodger" McDowell?

One man's opinion on  Bigbie below.  Has this story had a better ending?

"For better or for worse, the real face of the steroid era in baseball should be Larry Bigbie, and all the players like him. Not the face of a villain, or the face of pure, unabashed greed, but the face of a player desperate to try and live out his dream. The face of a guy with just a few hundred big league at-bats, and only marginal success in those. The face of a guy from rural Indiana. Not a big fish at all, really; just a guy who did what he thought he had to do to try and grab back the game he saw passing him by."

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2009/02/05/how-larry-bigbie-became-the-most-important-man-in-baseball

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was able to get 4 different times this year as opposed to just the 2 from last year, but I was better prepared for this mess of a ticketing system.

Went for Station 1 first and got the 12:40 with Jones, Givens, and Russell.  As well as the 2pm time slot with Brach, Hays, and Rickard.

Friend wanted Mancini, so got him at Station 3 at 3:20pm, and grabbed 2 lucky vouchers after hitting refresh a million times it seemed and got Schoop at 12:40 as well. 

Looks to be a fun FanFest.

1 minute ago, ForceFan2000 said:

I was able to get 4 different times this year as opposed to just the 2 from last year, but I was better prepared for this mess of a ticketing system.

Went for Station 1 first and got the 12:40 with Jones, Givens, and Russell.  As well as the 2pm time slot with Brach, Hays, and Rickard.

Friend wanted Mancini, so got him at Station 3 at 3:20pm, and grabbed 2 lucky vouchers after hitting refresh a million times it seemed and got Schoop at 12:40 as well. 

Looks to be a fun FanFest.

I'd say based on the ease of getting the vouchers compared to prior years, it looks to be a less crowded FanFest.  Which is perfectly fine by me.

6 minutes ago, CP0861 said:

I'd say based on the ease of getting the vouchers compared to prior years, it looks to be a less crowded FanFest.  Which is perfectly fine by me.

I would say less then last year but gets the diehards. Very little enthusiasm  in the city. They really need to get off to a good start or sign someone or trade for someone , otherwise see a big dropoff and many empty seats in August and September.

22 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

End table or coffee tables?  Did you get the lamps with the deal?  Or were you holding out for two pitchers? Did you get the extensions with the dinette table? 

Spittoon or plastic cup for tobaccy?

1 hour ago, MDtransplant757 said:

I didn't see it, as i'm not going. 

Cool stuff

I'm not either but article was cited above so thought I'd mention.  As you said above, it might be interesting to see what they say, even though nothing yet has transpired officially.  I am sure they are working on things...

I am not going to FanFest this year, and frankly, without exaggeration, I have cared less this offseason than ever in the previous 43 years of my life.  The Orioles have glaring holes and have done absolutely nothing to address any of them.  If they don't care, neither do I.  

If I hadn't already paid for my 2018 season tickets through the 2017 Playoff bill, I would have had to seriously consider even re-upping.  

And speaking of the playoffs, I'm rather pissed that they billed me for playoff tickets knowing full well our chances were slim, yet didn't even bother to print or send the tickets out this past year.  in previous years, I at least have World Series tickets at home as souvenirs for the O's missing the Annual Classic, but this year the Orioles and/or MLB was too cheap to even send out the tickets...didn't stop them from billing us for them though.  :mad:

5 hours ago, bobmc said:

* Larry Bigbie and Stefan Crichton?  Is Bigbie now with the Orioles as a coach?  Also "Rodger" McDowell?

One man's opinion on  Bigbie below.  Has this story had a better ending?

"For better or for worse, the real face of the steroid era in baseball should be Larry Bigbie, and all the players like him. Not the face of a villain, or the face of pure, unabashed greed, but the face of a player desperate to try and live out his dream. The face of a guy with just a few hundred big league at-bats, and only marginal success in those. The face of a guy from rural Indiana. Not a big fish at all, really; just a guy who did what he thought he had to do to try and grab back the game he saw passing him by."

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2009/02/05/how-larry-bigbie-became-the-most-important-man-in-baseball

Archived