Slow Offseason around MLB

Redskins Rick

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, oriole said:

Something tells me the Orioles are waiting to see what they eventually get for Machado before making moves. 

They can’t afford to do that IMO.    I’m honestly not sure what their strategy is.    I’m starting to wonder if PA has clamped down severely on the budget to the point where we can’t afford the Miggy’s of the world.   

I wish we had an insider who could tell us what is going on at the warehouse. Have Dan and the boys gone on vacation until Opening Day? This is getting absolutely ridiculous. The Orioles could have plugged one hole in their rotation at an very affordable price. I simply do not understand what the hell is going on.

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They can’t afford to do that IMO.    I’m honestly not sure what their strategy is.    I’m starting to wonder if PA has clamped down severely on the budget to the point where we can’t afford the Miggy’s of the world.   

The O's want to go into ST with at least one rotation spot open for players like Wright, Ynoa, Castro, Cortes etc to fight over...plus the current demand for Manny is two MLB ready SP. If you sign a guy like Gonzalez (or any backend starter on a cheap contract) then you've prematurely handcuffed your options. I don't think the O's will budge on the demand for Manny. Obviously the risk is not having any FA options left that fit the mold of "cheap with upside" but if I had to guess, it's a risk the O's are willing and currently taking. 

I don't doubt that the payroll could have stalled or even been lowered but I think saying that a less than $5m contract for a SP is too much is not quite accurate. It's probably more of a chaos in the warehouse with no solid plan other than go fishing in February than anything.

32 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I wish we had an insider who could tell us what is going on at the warehouse. Have Dan and the boys gone on vacation until Opening Day? This is getting absolutely ridiculous. The Orioles could have plugged one hole in their rotation at an very affordable price. I simply do not understand what the hell is going on.

The lack of information we have about what is actually transpiring inside the warehouse is pretty staggering. That's either a testament to Angelos or a bad look on the press, or both. 

27 minutes ago, interloper said:

The lack of information we have about what is actually transpiring inside the warehouse is pretty staggering. That's either a testament to Angelos or a bad look on the press, or both. 

I guess we should hope for hearing things from reporters and so called sources.  You know like yesterday when we had Cole already fitted for his Astros uniform from reports from some sources and then gm comes and says I have no idea what that source told him but it is false.

Archived