outfield / 1B / S.Smith ? D.Ackley.

mopaniac

With S.Smith likely gone and was making over 7mil.  Ackley would be a potential pickup ,has good def.skills  can play all OF pos. And 1B,2B. Was making 3mil.in '16  injured rehabbed '17  healthy now avail cheap. Fmr .1st rd  2nd overall pick.   

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, mopaniac said:

With S.Smith likely gone and was making over 7mil.  Ackley would be a potential pickup ,has good def.skills  can play all OF pos. And 1B,2B. Was making 3mil.in '16  injured rehabbed '17  healthy now avail cheap. Fmr .1st rd  2nd overall pick.   

He was the second pick in the 2009 draft...pretty bad draft overall.  Strasburg was 1st but then you had Ackley, Donovan Tate, Tony Sanchez and then Matt Hobgood.   Mike Trout was picked with 25 th pick..lol. 

Last year in an extreme hitters park at AAA in Salt Lake City, Ackley primarily played DH and his numbers were mediocre.  Six homer, 3 SBs 761 OPS in 505 plate appearances..  Clearly no one is giving Ackley a MLB contract.

All three of Mopanic's posts have been about signing Ackley.       

4 minutes ago, POR said:

I wonder if being a flack for Dustin Ackley is a full time job or just a hobby.

No just facts.  That's all that I've  ever stated  , sure he isn't  the best but beggar's can't  be choosers.   I mean your trying to get bargain players so you can justify Hosmer.   Ack is better that infante or whatever  his name is 

3 minutes ago, mopaniac said:

No just facts.  That's all that I've  ever stated  , sure he isn't  the best but beggar's can't  be choosers.   I mean your trying to get bargain players so you can justify Hosmer.   Ack is better that infante or whatever  his name is 

They have better in-house options to replace Smith, he’d make sense in a milb deal as depth, nothing more.

Archived