Tim Beckham is saying and doing all the right things

Frobby

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

And it's a crying shame that Tampa Bay appeared to sour on him because of failing a test that he wouldn't be subject to at the MLB level. My opinion is that Tampa Bay punished him far beyond the suspension that he received. He resented how they reacted following the failed urinalysis, it seems. And both parties continued to be mistrustful of each other during his tenure down there. That lingering resentment from both sides is what prompted the Rays to toss Beckham away, in my opinion. I hope he is not carrying over any of those feelings against the Rays to the Orioles. But I still think this would have been a good time for Beckham to talk about becoming the best third-baseman in the league rather than dwelling on how he could be the best shortstop if only his past employer or his current employer would play him at that position.

o

It may be a shame for Beckham to have personally experienced and gone through that, but for the Orioles and their fans, it isn't ........ if he hadn't, we probably wouldn't have him on our team today.  )  B|

Sometimes when one door closes, another door opens.

o

2 hours ago, weams said:

Yeah, I didn't think I was completely crazy... not for this reason, anyway.  He's definitely of Dominican heritage.  That's not a big secret, guys.  Listen to him talk every once in a while.  Anyone who's been to the DR (I've been there several times - though not as much as Manny) knows that the SS position is regarded as special there - not catcher, not 2nd base, not CF... SS.        

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yes, that would have been better.   But I still don’t think he was taking a shot at the Orioles.     He’ll be happy playing everyday regardless of which position he’s at.

All this would be mute if Buck wasn't kowtowing to Mannys wishes. Tim is a better SS than 3rd baseman. Manny is super at 3rd and I am sure he will be super at SS. But he won't be here in 2019. That's why I would have left him at 3rd. 

14 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

All this would be mute if Buck wasn't kowtowing to Mannys wishes. Tim is a better SS than 3rd baseman. Manny is super at 3rd and I am sure he will be super at SS. But he won't be here in 2019. That's why I would have left him at 3rd. 

I agree, but Buck apparently feels differently, and I doubt it’s purely because he’s kowtowing to Manny.  

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree, but Buck apparently feels differently, and I doubt it’s purely because he’s kowtowing to Manny.  

How about we call it respecting the wishes of one of his veterans?

Honestly I think it is because of the errors Beckham had last season, but it's still a dumb reason.

38 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How about we call it respecting the wishes of one of his veterans?

Honestly I think it is because of the errors Beckham had last season, but it's still a dumb reason.

What’s dumb is moving Machado there when they most likely will move Beckham (whom they control for the next three seasons) back there next season. Unless, contrary to everything I’ve heard the Orioles really are considering making the best FA offer to Machado next season.

Oh, sorry, I fell off my chair after writing that. :eek:

21 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

What’s dumb is moving Machado there when they most likely will move Beckham (whom they control for the next three seasons) back there next season. Unless, contrary to everything I’ve heard the Orioles really are considering making the best FA offer to Machado next season.

Oh, sorry, I fell off my chair after writing that. :eek:

Am I the only one besides Buck that gets this? Beckham in not a ML SS, he is also not a ML 3B. That will be clear by July. We will need a SS and 3B for 2019

14 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Am I the only one besides Buck that gets this? Beckham in not a ML SS, he is also not a ML 3B. That will be clear by July. We will need a SS and 3B for 2019

So, you move an elite defender and a solid defender for a solid defender and a question mark? Especially, when your elite 3B, now solid defending SS is likely gone next year?

Look at my earlier posts on the subject, I know Manny is probably a better SS, but unless they’re trying to really go for it (you think they are?) then it was a downgrade.

There are plenty of people who get it besides Buck. Oh, and you of course.

Archived