Defunct Orioles Blogs *please help*

jsbearr

I apologize for posting it here, but this seems to be where everyone is.

I was hoping that folks who ran sites back in the day or remember who ran sites and could get me in contact with those guys would take part in this effort I am taking to document the "golden era" of Orioles fan blogs.

You can have them email me at camdendepot at gmail.

So runners for sites like Cookin with Gas, Orioles Think Tank, Oriole Way, Weaver's Tantrum, etc.

I have so far been able to contact these defunct sites:

Orioles Uncensored (a more recent defunct site)

Dempsey's Army

Camden Crazies / Frost King Baseball

Bowie Baysox Blog

Birds of Prey

Thanks

4 minutes ago, jsbearr said:

I apologize for posting it here, but this seems to be where everyone is.

I was hoping that folks who ran sites back in the day or remember who ran sites and could get me in contact with those guys would take part in this effort I am taking to document the "golden era" of Orioles fan blogs.

You can have them email me at camdendepot at gmail.

So runners for sites like Cookin with Gas, Orioles Think Tank, Oriole Way, Weaver's Tantrum, etc.

I have so far been able to contact these defunct sites:

Orioles Uncensored (a more recent defunct site)

Dempsey's Army

Camden Crazies / Frost King Baseball

Bowie Baysox Blog

Birds of Prey

Thanks

Yes. This is where everyone is. ;)

4 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I liked http://thewaywardoriole.com/ but he doesn't update his site anymore. You can catch him on Twitter @TheWaywardO. 

His blog was bizarre in a very "squee" kind of way, but was always truthful.

The Wayward Oriole was a legitimately groundbreaking blog in terms of Orioles things on the internet. It was meme-heavy before memes had become pervasive, it was weird, it was written in an extremely specific style, and it's yet to be duplicated by anyone since. No one has even tried to create an Orioles-fan-based internet Thing. It stands as completely unique in the world of Orioles fan blogs. 

Just now, interloper said:

The Wayward Oriole was a legitimately groundbreaking blog in terms of Orioles things on the internet. It was meme-heavy before memes had become pervasive, it was weird, it was written in an extremely specific style, and it's yet to be duplicated by anyone since. No one has even tried to create an Orioles-fan-based internet Thing like this since it closed down. It stands as completely unique in the world of Orioles fan blogs. 

Oops. Completely finished the sentence in my head without bothering to write it. 

Archived