Orioles Acquire Catcher

weams

23 minutes ago, weams said:

Every day that they don't lift a baseball brings them that much closer to looking at Zach Britton's Achilles. I assume all prices have declined. 

Yes, but if a player is going to take less than he thought he'd get (Cobb, Darvish, Lynn) they are still going to go to the usual suspects (Cubs, Yankees, RS, LA). Teams like the Orioles will have to overpay. The Twins have been very aggessive on SP. And even in this slow market, they haven't been able to land one of the big names.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Yes, but if a player is going to take less than he thought he'd get (Cobb, Darvish, Lynn) they are still going to go to the usual suspects (Cubs, Yankees, RS, LA). Teams like the Orioles will have to overpay. The Twins have been very aggessive on SP. And even in this slow market, they haven't been able to land one of the big names.

I do not believe that. 

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, he’s the best catching coach in the world, able to fix catchers that other coaches can’t.   Just like Bobby Dickerson is the best infield coach in the world.   These other teams don’t know what they’re doing.  

I do think the Russell has shown he is good at teaching the catchers.  I do think that Dickerson has shown that he has helped the infielders be better.  I have not seen anything that special about  McDowell.   Coolbaugh was supposed to know how to help Davis hit.  So far that does not seem to have worked. Kirby is pretty good with the outfielders.  The players are the one that have to do it on the field but I have heard and seen where the coaches can help them.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Who said signing Susack is big news?     Every roster move gets reported, whether it’s a big deal or not.

I understand that. But what exactly is the Orioles game plan? Me, I can't wait til Duquette moves on. 

1 minute ago, gtman55 said:

I understand that. But what exactly is the Orioles game plan? Me, I can't wait til Duquette moves on. 

I don’t know what his game plan is.   But hopefully, that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have one.   I guess we’ll see how things unfold between now and opening day.    I can’t say I’m confident that I’ll be happy with the end game.   

2 hours ago, gtman55 said:

Duquette is 3/6 on seasons with playoff appearances. Before then we went 14 straight years of losing. 

Duquette is a grinder when it comes to the roster. How many people said the same things about Castro and Bleier last year?  

Not every move can be Giancarlo “don’t call me mike” Stanton.  

6 hours ago, gtman55 said:

Why is knowing the game plan any of our business? Whether or not we know the game plan shouldn't matter to us. Just the results. One thing I feel pretty sure about is that they aren't crowd sourcing the game plan.

Archived