In on Lynn?

Snutchy

Just now, weams said:

I think that is the major part. 

I've never once knocked Brady Anderson's impact on fitness and conditioning. My problem is he appears to have MUCH more power and influence then I think any of us realized. And I don't think he's being groomed to be the next GM (i.e., being mentored by Duquette) I think he's being marked as the next GM. That means he'll be stepping into shoes that he's completely unqualified to fill. At the end of the day it will end up hurting Brady as much as it hurts the Orioles because he's just being set up to fail, but he's just to cocky (bordering on arrogant) to admit it. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Luke-OH said:

The only problematic thing about Brady in my mind is the appearance (it may be more than an appearance, but I'm going to try and avoid making assumptions) that he is buddies with the players and also has at least a say in personnel decisions.

Your right, a good friend of mine, tried to be buddies with his sons, and it blew up on him, because as they got older teenagers, he tried to become dad and provide rules, and they laughed at him

Just now, Luke-OH said:

The only problematic thing about Brady in my mind is the appearance (it may be more than an appearance, but I'm going to try and avoid making assumptions) that he is buddies with the players and also has at least a say in personnel decisions.

...no concerns about his lack of experience, if he steps in as the next GM? 

16 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What value has he added?

Do we know? I'm not asking to be a pain in the arse, I'm just genuinely curious.

Brady seems to be a very scholarly, passionate voice in the media and in the boardroom.  I do not see him as a master manipulator or gamesman. That was his pal Cal. 

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

...no concerns about his lack of experience, if he steps in as the next GM? 

I don't think he's going to be the next GM.

But if I did, I would be concerned about lack of experience, but also hopeful that he'd be somewhat forward thinking and through his influence with PA would be able to help move the Orioles away from some of the hurtful organizational philosophies.

54 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Please educate me on the value Brady Anderson has added to the Orioles outside of helping to improve the strength and conditioning of our players? I'm all ears. 

Mancini credits Brady with changing his swing and stance when he  was in AA.    it improved Mancini as a hitter.

That has nothing to do with Brady as a GM candidate but its important to the O's organization.

55 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I have no issue with Brady being a personal trainer to these players. But it seems he has stepped right into an authority position without having to learn the ropes...due to his relationship with PA.

He's been around the team as a VP for 5-6 years as an apprentice, more than likely. He's probably as qualified as most for a team president role. I think Buck would like to move upstairs when he retires too. 

54 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

He's been around the team as a VP for 5-6 years as an apprentice, more than likely. He's probably as qualified as most for a team president role. I think Buck would like to move upstairs when he retires too. 

Yeah, he stepped right into a VP role.

4 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I've never once knocked Brady Anderson's impact on fitness and conditioning. My problem is he appears to have MUCH more power and influence then I think any of us realized. And I don't think he's being groomed to be the next GM (i.e., being mentored by Duquette) I think he's being marked as the next GM. That means he'll be stepping into shoes that he's completely unqualified to fill. At the end of the day it will end up hurting Brady as much as it hurts the Orioles because he's just being set up to fail, but he's just to cocky (bordering on arrogant) to admit it. 

I can only hope that  Brady Anderson will not be the next GM.  It will be a worse GM situation than Syd Thrift or the two headed Flanagan/Jim Duquette regime, imho. 

On the plus side, here is a reason to root for Alpine skiier Lindsay Vonn in the Winter Games...

1367px-Lindsey_Vonn_2011.jpg

21 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I can only hope that  Brady Anderson will not be the next GM.  It will be a worse GM situation than Syd Thrift or the two headed Flanagan/Jim Duquette regime, imho. 

On the plus side, here is a reason to root for Alpine skiier Lindsay Vonn in the Winter Games...

1367px-Lindsey_Vonn_2011.jpg

God bless her heart.

18 hours ago, weams said:

Brady seems to be a very scholarly, passionate voice in the media and in the boardroom.  I do not see him as a master manipulator or gamesman. That was his pal Cal. 

Being a master manipulator can be a good thing--see Belichick. Unfortunately none of us know the actual dynamic that takes place at the warehouse. IMO, if Brady actually has PA's trust then that alone might make him a good GM for the Orioles. I mean, if he can actually make deals without having PA veto them.

Archived