Will Girardi replace Buck?

weams

23 hours ago, interloper said:

I'll never understand quite why Buck accepted the job because I don't think he was THAT unpopular. But I'm glad he did, and we were all extremely lucky for it. It's why any thought of deviating away from Buck seems like lunacy to me. For any fault you find with him, he's been basically as rock solid as you could hope for. And he gets Baltimore, or at least tries hard to. Why change that? There's maybe a 3 or 4 who could be considered better than him or on his level. Hopefully he wants to stay and we extend him. 

Because the grass is not often greener.

The grass is always greenest right over the septic!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a huge fan of Girardi. He looks like a swarthy Bojack Horseman for starters. Secondly, he's a Yankee lifer. WHY IN THE HECK would anyone want a Yankee lifer to come to Baltimore? Thirdly, I don't think he's a particularly good manager, anyway. Fourthly, Buck's here for at least one more year... thank goodness. 

1 hour ago, Bradysburns said:

Not a huge fan of Girardi. He looks like a swarthy Bojack Horseman for starters. Secondly, he's a Yankee lifer. WHY IN THE HECK would anyone want a Yankee lifer to come to Baltimore? 

Hank Bauer took us to our first World Championship.   I don’t hold his 12 years playing for the Yankees against him.   (Not that I’m advocating for Girardi, but just sayin’).

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Hank Bauer took us to our first World Championship.   I don’t hold his 12 years playing for the Yankees against him.   (Not that I’m advocating for Girardi, but just sayin’).

I prefer to think of Bauer as a former Kansas City Athletic... that's the only way I can properly appreciate his legacy. 

But in all seriousness, that's a fair point. It doesn't change how I feel about Girardi, but it's a fair point. 

5 hours ago, Bradysburns said:

Not a huge fan of Girardi. He looks like a swarthy Bojack Horseman for starters. Secondly, he's a Yankee lifer. WHY IN THE HECK would anyone want a Yankee lifer to come to Baltimore? Thirdly, I don't think he's a particularly good manager, anyway. Fourthly, Buck's here for at least one more year... thank goodness. 

I love me some Bojack lol

I miss Vincent Adultman though-best character.

Andy MacPhail's first act as GM of the Orioles was to go to Chicago and ask Girardi to become manager of the Orioles. Girardi said he would accept the offer, but with one condition. Were he offered the opportunity to manage the Yankees or Cubs, the Orioles would have to let him out of his contract.

I doubt that the Angelos family has forgotten that slap in the face, so I wouldn't expect Girardi to be managing the Orioles any time soon.

2 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Andy MacPhail's first act as GM of the Orioles was to go to Chicago and ask Girardi to become manager of the Orioles. Girardi said he would accept the offer, but with one condition. Were he offered the opportunity to manage the Yankees or Cubs, the Orioles would have to let him out of his contract.

I doubt that the Angelos family has forgotten that slap in the face, so I wouldn't expect Girardi to be managing the Orioles any time soon.

I respect his honesty at least. Look at Josh McDaniels. What a pile of crap. Just some perspective.

Archived