Tillman back. Are we happy?

esmd

12 minutes ago, esmd said:

Tillman's status reports are certainly encouraging.  If he can return to his '12-'16 form, that'll be huge for us.  Let's hope they're not just blowing smoke up our collective tailpipes.

They are encouraging, hopefully, he can put last year behind him, a bounce back year from Tilly, might make him the best FA in next year's market.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Kershaw will be when he opts out.  Pomeranz is better too.  

I said might.

Both the guys above might resign with their current teams.

I believe one of the reasons the Dodgers were so hard press to stay under the luxury cap and reset the fine counter, was to go after Kershaw and lock him back up.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

I said might.

Both the guys above might resign with their current teams.

I believe one of the reasons the Dodgers were so hard press to stay under the luxury cap and reset the fine counter, was to go after Kershaw and lock him back up.

I wonder if it depends on how Urias looks?

None of us are in love with this off-season so far...but I can't help but think our rotation will be at least marginally better than last year.

Ubaldo is gone. Miley is gone. Tillman hopefully won't be as bad as he was last year (I don't see how that's possible, knock on wood). 

Bundy's arm will probably be a little stronger and may be able to hold up with a normal schedule (as opposed to an extra day of rest). If not, you give him that rest again because he was awesome when rested.

No idea what we'll get with Gausman. No idea who our 5th pitcher is at this point.

There are still so many "maybes" and hopefullys". I'm not saying it'll be even above average, but it should be better than 2017. So who knows if we're capable of a wild card spot. Gotta force some sliver of optimism, right? Os have to get me through to football season.

40 minutes ago, TheDeau52 said:

None of us are in love with this off-season so far...but I can't help but think our rotation will be at least marginally better than last year.

Ubaldo is gone. Miley is gone. Tillman hopefully won't be as bad as he was last year (I don't see how that's possible, knock on wood). 

Bundy's arm will probably be a little stronger and may be able to hold up with a normal schedule (as opposed to an extra day of rest). If not, you give him that rest again because he was awesome when rested.

No idea what we'll get with Gausman. No idea who our 5th pitcher is at this point.

There are still so many "maybes" and hopefullys". I'm not saying it'll be even above average, but it should be better than 2017. So who knows if we're capable of a wild card spot. Gotta force some sliver of optimism, right? Os have to get me through to football season.

Or if he is that bad, he'll get DFAed.

Feb. 21: Tillman will earn a $1MM bonus for reaching 125 innings and 150 innings, reports FanRag’s Jon Heyman (Twitter link). He’d earn $1.5MM upon reaching 175 and 190 innings and an additional $2MM for crossing the 200-inning barrier for the first time since 2014. Heyman adds that some of the incentive payments are deferred, but any deferrals would be voided with a trade.

MLBTR

Archived