Boras Speak

weams

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dark Helmet said:

Yeah. Amazing what a below average baseball player can make playing baseball. I wish as a kid when I was good at baseball looked that far ahead.

Good at baseball as a kid probably isn't going to end up with you making 6M a year in the majors.  More likely washing out in A ball.

20 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Good at baseball as a kid probably isn't going to end up with you making 6M a year in the majors.  More likely washing out in A ball.

My point was is I didn't even think about the money that could be made. I wanted to be a police officer as a kid. That was my dream.

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And you are right. It takes talent to get to the majors. I won't take that away from Pedro. But to make a million to ride on a bus with guys making 20-30k a year isn' a bad gig either.

6 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Yeah. Amazing what a below average baseball player can make playing baseball. I wish as a kid when I was good at baseball looked that far ahead.

The odds of becoming an average mlb player is 0.0000641025641026.

21 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Most high draft picks will make more than a cop or teacher before they ever hit a minor league field. Then they are still young enough to move on if they flame out.

And not trying to get political or take a stance like that. Just pointing out that you can make a ton of money in baseball before proving anything.

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

And not trying to get political or take a stance like that. Just pointing out that you can make a ton of money in baseball before proving anything.

You can make a ton of money by being born into the right family.

Not sure what the relevance of either statement is.

BTW, you have to prove yourself to some degree before they make you a top pick.

Archived