Would be nice to have a ST that goes even somewhat right

interloper

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Brusque?  :ph34r:

Or even 2011 when Andino did his thang! 

And BTW, I don't remember you dueling with SG - did your moniker change?

I wouldn't call any of the arguments epic but we did go toe to toe a few times before he left.

I was pretty quiet the first year (didn't want to pay for plus) and the overlap between the two of us wasn't that great.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't call any of the arguments epic but we did go toe to toe a few times before he left.

I was pretty quiet the first year (didn't want to pay for plus) and the overlap between the two of us wasn't that great.

At first I just ass - u me d that you were a kinder, gentler (but still brusque) SG.  The transition has gone well!  You even admit when you are (rarely) inaccurate....

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

In the regular season.

Right.

So the case you are trying to make is that the baseball gods hate the Orioles so much that they made them exceptionally lucky in the regular season only to allow them to lose to a superior team in the postseason?

That doesn't sound like a strong argument.

If I hated a team I would make them exceptionally lucky in the regular season only to switch it up and make them spectacularly unlucky the last week or so and have them miss the playoffs.  That is if for some reason I wouldn't to be perverse and not just have them lose 100+ every year.

In other words, think less Orioles more Cleveland Browns.

Like pre-season NFL, or pre-season for any professional sport.

I dont even look at the W-L record, they mean ZERO.

You want to get the rust off players, you want to get your guys into season game shape, you dont want injuries, and you need to sort out the bottom part of your 25 man roster.

16 minutes ago, weams said:

My wife says he was only throwing sinker slider. Per the catcher. 

Not according to KG.

“Command of my four-seam wasn’t what I wanted. Left some pitches up when I was trying to make a pitch down in the zone, but it’s a work in progess.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/02/gausman-on-his-battle-scar-and-start.html

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Right.

So the case you are trying to make is that the baseball gods hate the Orioles so much that they made them exceptionally lucky in the regular season only to allow them to lose to a superior team in the postseason?

That doesn't sound like a strong argument.

If I hated a team I would make them exceptionally lucky in the regular season only to switch it up and make them spectacularly unlucky the last week or so and have them miss the playoffs.  That is if for some reason I wouldn't to be perverse and not just have them lose 100+ every year.

In other words, think less Orioles more Cleveland Browns.

Haha, theology is not my strong point. The gods did give us Manny, and 2012 was indeed magical. Yeah, I fully expected them to lose to the Yankees, but it was more the way we lost. The Jeter triple with AJ getting a bad jump and blowing that huge bubble, the Ibanez HR in the 12th (2nd of the game), the McLouth foul ball, etc. 

We're probably not as cursed as the pre-2016 Cubs but I wouldn't say the baseball gods like us by any means.

Archived