Tillman

theobird

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, weams said:

Fair balls in the field of play get evaluated as to probability of being a hit. An umpire calls balls and strikes. 

Interesting.    What else are you seeing and hearing, weams?   Any gossip from minor league camp?   Doc hasn’t posted anything this spring and I’m dying to hear more about which of the young pups look impressive.

18 hours ago, Frobby said:

Interesting.    What else are you seeing and hearing, weams?   Any gossip from minor league camp?   Doc hasn’t posted anything this spring and I’m dying to hear more about which of the young pups look impressive.

I am over at minor league camp right now. JustD is a big Vielma fan. And Santander. We are keeping him no matter what. Meisinger pitches in a game at 19. So that was fab. I liked Grey Fenter’s bullpen. It is a much tighter camp than what you and I were used to in the old days but you can still see and hear some good stuff if you are in the right place. Valencia looks really driven. I’d bet on him as the utility knife to start. Gentry and Rasmus should make the club. Joey is getting all of his chances but not stepping up Susac looks real good. 

7 minutes ago, weams said:

I am over at minor league camp right now. JustD is a big Vielma fan. And Santander. We are keeping him no matter what. Meisinger pitches in a game at 19. So that was fab. I liked Grey Fenter’s bullpen. It is a much tighter camp than what you and I were used to in the old days but you can still see and hear some good stuff if you are in the right place. Valencia looks really driven. I’d bet on him as the utility knife to start. Gentry and Rasmus should make the club. Joey is getting all of his chances but not stepping up Susac looks real good. 

What about the utility player having to play a good defensive SS? That's what I've been hearing all offseason.  ;)

19 hours ago, Frobby said:

8eb447df2eeec7378f44106cab66366b_normal.jpeg michael williams (@TheWeams)
“Anyone here could be a big leaguer.”

1 minute ago, weams said:

I sure would not bet on it unless Flaherty shows up. 

I was being sarcastic, I've been saying they didn't need a utility player who could play SS, but I've been told multiple times Buck wouldn't abide that.

Archived